Rear Brakes & Rotors

BT2 Zeke

10+ Posts
Jan 17, 2021
Mexia, Texas, USA
I appreciate all of the input on my two previous posts on floor jacks and rear tire wear. Last week I slipped the jacks under the a$$ end, lifted it, took the rear tires/rims to Discount Tire had two Michelin Defender tires installed. The Trike's back on the ground with new tires, better ride, and a higher personnel comfort level.

My inquiry today is brake related. When doing the tire replacement I noticed the rear brakes and discs are going to need replaced this fall mainly due to rotor damage on the left side. I'm assuming since the right side rotor looks reasonably normal this left side damage is due to PO owner abuse of the parking brake.

My question is have any of you all done a pad and rotor replacement on the rear of your trike? I looked at it while the tires were off it looks like a fairly straightforward job. Do any of you know if there are any "gotcha's" that need to be looked out for?

TIA

Keep it clean, avoid touching the face of the pads and rotors with your hands, if you do clean up with some brake clean or soapy water repeated with a good rinse

Clean the hub mating surface where the rotor sits

Clean and lube caliper slide pins

Re adjust parking brake

Before you push the caliper pistons in, remove as much of old fluid and wipe out any residue in the bottom of master cylinder

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png