Rear tires

Dragon

250+ Posts
Dec 28, 2010
oly,wa
Good morning
I had to put new rear shoes on the beast today, I was wondering what kinda
tire wear you encountered, mine at 50k were worn on the center tread down
to the wear bars and both insides of the tires were cupped really bad. I am guessing
over inflation for the center tread wear but what for the cupping on the inside tread,
shocks :xzqxz:

Dragon

sounds like you hit the nail on the head. My wife has almost 80 k on her original 2008 and they are only about 1/2 worn. I run 23 lbs in them since new.

I have 53K on mine and they hardly look worn at all. I have always ran 25 psi. I am thinking they will rot before they wear out. There has been some emphasis on the age of tires on cars as of late. Latest I heard was they should be changed out in about 6 years. Mine are not weather checked, it stays inside unless I am riding it so they look good.

25K on mine and they still look new. I had to replace the front because it went down and I didn't notice it even doing 60mph. I put a Bridgestone run flat on the front. I use 40 in the front and 25 in the rear.

I replaced my tires on my 08 at 40,000 miles. They still had tread but I was going to take a long trip and the tires were seven years old and starting to show a little cracking between the treads. The tries wore even across and I put 23-25 lbs in them ever since I've had the trike.

Thanx for replys

I went through all the previous owners service records and found that

the tires were kept at 40 psi, also found where the shock assy has been replaced under warranty. don't know what that entailed. oh well start new now at 25 psi and see how they wear

Dragon

Thanx for replys
I went through all the previous owners service records and found that
the tires were kept at 40 psi, also found where the shock assy has been replaced under warranty. don't know what that entailed. oh well start new now at 25 psi and see how they wear

Dragon

They were grossly overinflated. They would only have 32 if on a car so why in the hell would anybody put 40 on a trike???:mad:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png