Red Light

I've went back to 2 wheels for a few years and just moved back to another '19 Tri-Glide. I picked it up today and ran it down the road and the Red Light came on. I took it back to the Dealer and they put the computer on it and it says there is Low Voltage to the left Fan. They had moved my Corbin Heated seat from my Road Glide to the Trike so they thought that might be doing it, it wasn't. Then they thought that it might be something they did when they removed the previous owner's after market fan. They haven't figured that one out yet. Then they decided it just needed ran down the road for a few miles to reset itself. No such luck. They light comes on about the time I get to 4th and stays on until I slow down then it goes off? They have my Trike and I have an empty garage right now. Sure hope they get it fixed tomorrow. I expected to pick the Trike up on Thursday;) They called me at 5pm Thursday and said I could pick it up, I told them it was 104 and I would wait until the morning. Tripps has a good service department so I'm sure they will get er done today, sometime, maybe....

HD needs to bite the bullet and use

1-radiator

1-cooling fan

And a full jacket water cooling system.

It’s not a lawnmower, 💨, a Franklin , or a Corvair . Nor a Beatle!!

After the carborated evo was a world of electronic nightmares. And that’s MY opinion . No turtles were hurt or sacrificed during this thought .

I've went back to 2 wheels for a few years and just moved back to another '19 Tri-Glide. I picked it up today and ran it down the road and the Red Light came on. I took it back to the Dealer and they put the computer on it and it says there is Low Voltage to the left Fan. They had moved my Corbin Heated seat from my Road Glide to the Trike so they thought that might be doing it, it wasn't. Then they thought that it might be something they did when they removed the previous owner's after market fan. They haven't figured that one out yet. Then they decided it just needed ran down the road for a few miles to reset itself. No such luck. They light comes on about the time I get to 4th and stays on until I slow down then it goes off? They have my Trike and I have an empty garage right now. Sure hope they get it fixed tomorrow. I expected to pick the Trike up on Thursday;) They called me at 5pm Thursday and said I could pick it up, I told them it was 104 and I would wait until the morning. Tripps has a good service department so I'm sure they will get er done today, sometime, maybe....

Ed......When you finally get it back and have a chance to run it a little please' let us know what was the problem....

- - - Updated - - -

HD needs to bite the bullet and use

1-radiator

1-cooling fan

And a full jacket water cooling system.

It’s not a lawnmower, 💨, a Franklin , or a Corvair . Nor a Beatle!!

After the carborated evo was a world of electronic nightmares. And that’s MY opinion . No turtles were hurt or sacrificed during this thought .

Harley had a fully water cooled engine......But the Harley fateful snubbed it...:Shrug:..

Best of luck on the repair

Maybe try a different dealer if yours cannot resolve the issue

The digital tech scanner they use should hone in on the correct circuit that is causing your light to come on, you either have a security system problem or a stored trouble code

You may try changing the battery in your fob just for grins

Best of luck on the repair

Maybe try a different dealer if yours cannot resolve the issue

The digital tech scanner they use should hone in on the correct circuit that is causing your light to come on, you either have a security system problem or a stored trouble code

You may try changing the battery in your fob just for grins

If he didn’t say that the light goes off when he slows down, I would say it’s the battery in the FOB Also if the light stayed on steady that’s usually an indication of a bad brake light switch or brake light bulb itself is out but without a steady red light, It is a little confusing at the moment? ..

If he didn’t say that the light goes off when he slows down, I would say it’s the battery in the FOB Also if the light stayed on steady that’s usually an indication of a bad brake light switch or brake light bulb itself is out but without a steady red light, It is a little confusing at the moment? ..

Without knowing what codes are present we are guessing at best

The techs have the digital tech scanner, this is a very good tool, if they follow the diagnostic tree they should be able to figure this out, or call HD tech support

One other thing to check is the security system antenna under the seat mounted near the battery top cover, customer states seat has been off/ changed, the connection may be loose or obstructed

Ed......When you finally get it back and have a chance to run it a little please' let us know what was the problem....

- - - Updated - - -

When they removed the previous owners after market fan they didn't reset a code that needed reset. All is well. I've gotten to ride it twice so far. Both times over 100 :p It should be in the 70's when I leave for church tomorrow and the 90's when I get home :)

- - - Updated - - -

When they removed the previous owners after market fan they didn't reset a code that needed reset. All is well. I've gotten to ride it twice so far. Both times over 100 :p It should be in the 70's when I leave for church tomorrow and the 90's when I get home :)

Success!

- - - Updated - - -

........Now then you say; Over a 100, You do mean Degrees and Not MPH..:D.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png