Repair manual suggestions

So I was given a vw 1600 motor that is pulled apart, I've never worked on a vw and because I now have a vw trike I want to get to know these motors. So it bring me to what is a good repair manual that will get me going. I already ordered a gasket kit and am looking forward to putting this one back together

So I was given a vw 1600 motor that is pulled apart, I've never worked on a vw and because I now have a vw trike I want to get to know these motors. So it bring me to what is a good repair manual that will get me going. I already ordered a gasket kit and am looking forward to putting this one back together

How to keep your VW alive.....A manual for the complete idiot.....

By....John Muir.....I used it to build a Dune Buggy engine and also to rebuild my 1971 Beetle engine......ThumbUpThumbUp.....I recommend it highly...

Contact your local VW club. Every club I've ever dealt with has been full of friendly, helpful people who are welcoming to newbies. They have a vast pool of experienced local people, parts, and services that can save you lots of frustration and grief on the learning curve.

Here's what I found from Google: http://www.vwccny.com/ Probably a good place to start.

Found an online PDF version of "How to keep your VW alive". Please let me know if posting the link here will get me in trouble?

Back