Ringing bells sound on my TG at speeds

Notgrownup

650+ Posts
Oct 27, 2021
Snow Hill NC USA
My 21 with only 2500 miles I just bought has a bell ringing sound like a gremlin bell coming out of it. I’m trying to figure it out… it’s there, I’m not sure if it’s something loose or rubbing steel on steel. It keeps on when I apply the front or rear brakes. Just a bit aggravating or annoying… anyone else have this. ? If I find it I will post.

Don't know the answer to your ringing bells, but here is something to keep in mind when tracking it down.

Devin (the "D" in DK) had a clanking noise that he narrowed down to coming from his primary.

He pulled the entire primary down, looking for something that would cause this noise...clutch, compensator, etc.

Found nothing, put everything back together to spec, still had the noise.

Ended up being a loose nut that was clanking around in his horn housing. :xzqxz:

Kevin

My 21 with only 2500 miles I just bought has a bell ringing sound like a gremlin bell coming out of it. I’m trying to figure it out… it’s there, I’m not sure if it’s something loose or rubbing steel on steel. It keeps on when I apply the front or rear brakes. Just a bit aggravating or annoying… anyone else have this. ? If I find it I will post.

Just to shot from left field…..On the right side of the Cow Bells (Front fork shock protectors)…… There are two wires that come down from the headlights. They’re really not well secured and they will flop around and hit that protector and it will make a ringing sound…..

Just to shot from left field…..On the right side of the Cow Bells (Front fork shock protectors)…… There are two wires that come down from the headlights. They’re really not well secured and they will flop around and hit that protector and it will make a ringing sound…..

I can relate to that. I often hear those two wires clacking against something. It used to bug me, but It depends a lot on the wind direction. I pretty much got used to it once I figured out what it was.

I will be jacking it up when I get a minute, I hope it is something like

Any ringing when sitting still? If not, then I might agree that it is an attached bell.

Shouldn't have to jack it up - just look under. Or go over to the bike while sitting still and not running. Just shape the bike. If you hear the ringing, well - there's the answer.

I had something like that on mine. Took it to the HD shop. Turned out it was the Front Cylinder Stabilizer had gone bad. They replaced it and it's all good now.

It's a bird...its a bell...its a plane. All this stupid ass guessing. I wouldn't pay any of you to diagnose a cats butt hole. Do this: get a mechanic's stethoscope and at idle listen...like everywhere. I would start with the heat shields. Have an assistant run the rpms up to 2500 and listen...more. Auto mechanics use a transmitter(s) that attaches with magnets at different locations, usually along the driveline,wheels,brakes etc and go for a ride. Never tried it on a bike.

It's a bird...its a bell...its a plane. All this stupid ass guessing. I wouldn't pay any of you to diagnose a cats butt hole. Do this: get a mechanic's stethoscope and at idle listen...like everywhere. I would start with the heat shields. Have an assistant run the rpms up to 2500 and listen...more. Auto mechanics use a transmitter(s) that attaches with magnets at different locations, usually along the driveline,wheels,brakes etc and go for a ride. Never tried it on a bike.

Yep - a lot of guessing. In my book, I call this trying to be helpful. Plus, it is great to just talk to folks here.

Maybe we can teach an Old Road Dog - some new tricks.

I had a squeaking sound like plastic on plastic and after a while, I realized it had something to do with the radio volume knob, because when I raise the volume up real high the squeaking sound would mysteriously disappear, 😳….

but seriously, I realize I would only hear that squeaking sound when I had my three-quarter helmet with a face shield on, the face shield was rubbing against the helmet when I turned my head a little left or right so a little lubricant on the shield gasket cured the problem..

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png