Thanks looking forward to your advice re my 09 Honda GL1800 Rigid Champion setup

Jul 18, 2022
Australia
Thanks looking forward to your advice re my 09 Honda GL1800 Rigid Champion setup

Greetings,

I have ridden several BMW K1200LTEs and GL1800 Goldwing's over the last 30 years and before that spent several years riding Police Special 750cc Honda before moving to other positions within the NZL MOT and Police retiring as a Police Inspector at NZ Police National Headquarters.

This is my first trike as my wife Janet and I have decided to move to the Trike and dispose of our regular motorcycles.

I have the rigid version of the Champion Conversion which was carried out by an experienced registered engineer in New Zealand from brand new in 2009.

It is so very different operating.

I have it in at a New Zealand Honda Agent as the steering head bearings have failed at only 40,000km (24,800miles) I am told the trike is fitted with the front end modification as part of Champion's Conversion kit.

The other issue is the trike is fitted with 15inch tires but they are not radials.

Given the rigid rear end I am thinking of replacing these with a set of 15inch soft wall radial tires which should assist with the various types of roads around New Zealand.

Right off to hospital for my daily treatment.

Respectfully Joel and Janet Smith

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucy Barger
Back