The Demise of BRP On road in New Zealand. Your town soon.

Gerald MAC

5+ Posts
Jan 30, 2024
New Zealand
And probably coming to your town soon.

The Demise of BRP On road.
nojoke.gif

Seems BRP On Road Directors have decreed every service center in New Zealand is to have one of every model in stock for sale under BRP's new house rules...

If they didn’t want the stock they are banned from offering service for all other BRP On-road stuff and won’t be supplied parts when required.

So that leaves about 4 dealer/service centres in the country.

The rest told them to go fish. Dozens of them. They also sell Off Road and the Seadoo things.

I suck my teeth but I can see where they come from. Its just wrong.

So that leaves 1 Authorized dealer / Service Center in the South Island..........and 3 in the North.

They are days travel apart.

So if you need a service its several day’s travel and overnight accommodation - minimum.

It gets worse.

Folk who have recently bought new rides have been told they can no longer take their ride to where they bought it for service, recalls and stuff.

Polite Forum Comment - 1 line.

Pretty disappointed and cant type what I really would like to say as it would be edited.

So I better leave it there for now.

So you lot.... a heads up on what may occur in your town soon.

I am sorry fot your loss. It is difficult to build a following for a vehicle you can't get parts or service for easily. And hard to sell any if only people in a small area can see them. Other wise they become just an oddity on the roads. Seems rather sjjort sited to me.

Yep. Thanks. Change of tact from HQ. If its not a large market - well who gives a toss. Small loss. Alaska, Australia and Kiwiland. Pifft.

Talk about quality customer service. Oh we strive to..... hahahahah

The two Can-am dealers that I did business with still sell and service all BRP’s off road’ ATV’s and Side-byes but they did stop selling and servicing the Spyders….A few years ago..

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png