Tires and fenders

Mar 8, 2017
Bryan
I turned a 2013 sportster superlow into a trike (DNA axle) rides great but the front tire is a concern. factory tire is a 120/70-18 and i want to replace it with a rear tire (more rubber, more miles) but I can't find any rears that size and I am unsure how far off original spec I can go, have found a 120/90-18 but I am unsure if it will fit my wheel (stock) rather not buy the tire then find out it will not fit. And I am finding it hard to find some decent fenders for it that are reasonable priced the ones that are available in the US are running $580-$700, that's ridiculous for a couple small pieces of fiberglass. Currently i'm using a trailer fender cut in half, it works, cost only about $40 but not real pretty. If anyone out there can school me on alternate tire sizes and tell me where I can get decent fenders at a reasonable price I'd appreciate it

Tire size

A 120 tire on a Sporty Trike sounds good to me (being a sportster rider from the '60's) . How many miles on the tire you have on now ? Did you put a steering damper on ? You should consider it (keeps wheel shake to a minimum going over rough roads) . I have one on my 2 wheel Sporty and 1 on my 08' Street Bob trike conversion (19" front tire) . As far as the fenders go I think you made the right choice for now using a trailer fender . You will have plenty of time this coming winter to make up your mind on what you want to add/change on your trike . If this is your first trike watch those turns .

Ride it !

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png