trike kit

Feb 29, 2012
Lake Placid Fl.
Hey guys and girls !!
I'm gonna do a trike conversion on my tried and true 93 FLHS this fall...I have decided to buy American so no Chinese axels on my Harley...
I'm looking at US Trikes..Anyone heard anything about them?? Or better yet,,do you have one ?? Champion also looks very good..Frankenstein makes a great axle only kit (no body) but doesn't look like I would be able to keep my hard bags...
Any ideas,,comments,,or input would be welcome...I'm going to get a kit with a body or get one that I can relocate my hard bags,, and keep the tour pac, of course..
I'm in Maine doing a workamping gig but going home to Lake Placid,Fl. this fall.....Thanks....Dave

Last edited:
Champion makes an excellent kit in the USA as do Hannigan, Roadsmith, DFT, Lehman..... Lots of great choices :D

Have a champion on my flht, love the looks of it without a tour pack. The install was straight forward, excellent instructions. Used the straight axel as do the tri-glides and have no issues. If I had to do it again the only thing I would have done would have been to order it with the paint protection film, the fenders roll beautiful forward but are about 4" from the ground and are wide so they will catch some pings. Installed the 3m film myself and it was quite a learning experience and a lot of stretching but its all good.

I tested three trikes in the past few weeks. The first was an 2006 electra-glide with a champion straight axle. Handled ok up to speed but still had a hard ride. Next i drove a brand new 2013 Tri-Glide, I thought it was a hand full to steer at low speed and wasn't much better at higher speed. Had to slow more than i would like to in the turns. But just seemed like a lot of work to drive. Loved the way it ran and sounded... It's a Harley. Next i test drove a 2006 Goldwing with a CSC Trike kit with independent suspension. WOW what a difference in the ease of driving and i was driving thru the corners much faster.

I drove it for over 200 miles with no fatigue.

I think at has to do with the longer wheelbase and 6" wider than the champion and the Tri-Glide. The passenger seat is much further forward of the rear axle than the Tri-Glide or the Champion. I would really love to test ride a Harley Davidson Ultra Glide with the CSC kit with independent Suspension. If it rides like that gold wing did I would order one in a minute. Just cant seem to find one locally to drive.

I have a2006 RoadGlide with the CSC Daytona kit and we love it. My wife sits quite a bit north of the the independent suspension so it is smooth for her. It handles like no other I have driven. I put the 11 degree rake kit on and added the Aero package to tie it all together. The adjustable mono shock is great as well. Hope this helps. Shoot me a pm if you more info.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png