TriWing Industries

Have done two Tri Wings (02 Venture & 84 Venture for wife) with no problems. The nice thing about this kit is that you can be inventive and do it your own way. For instance, the trunk insert is now part of the body. Keeps out dust and rain now. Building a 99 Venture for my buddy right now. Would build another for myself (If they bring out the 1700cc Venture).

When I got my Tri-Wing kit for the Venture 4 years ago, one of the first things I did was fiberglass in the trunk assembly. It's much nicer that way. You do need to vent them or they'll build up condensation. I just used a house soffit vent glued in at the top of the back wall. Works great.

Never thought about venting ... good idea as you are right about condensation.

Next project will be to modify a Royale kit to fit on my old Suzuki GS1100GK but I need to do some homework first ( and find the manual for the Royale kit as I seem to have lost it. )!
:Shrug:

Does anyone else have TriWing Industries conversion? I am pretty sure there is at least one other on here. I would be interested in hearing about your experience with them. I purchased the TriWing for several reasons: 1) Build. Only two manufacturers I could find would sell directly to the end user & I wanted to build it myself. 2) Looks. I think it has good lines that mesh well with the Valkyrie Interstate 3) Trunk capacity. Had the larger of the two under consideration. 4) Gearing. TriWing agreed to supply a 2:73 gear ratio, which, together with the 215 65R 15 Altimax RTs, lowered my RPM by approximately 300 across the board in 5th gear.

The fiberglass portion of the kit was very well finished and needed only light scuffing prior to painting. Even the underside was gel coated, which saved quite a bit of blood and pain during the install. The cut out for the seat was a bit large and required some "trim".

The fitting of the driveshaft was complex and problematic, but not impossible. Installation/removal requires the rear end to be disconnected from the swing arm. There really must be a better way to build it and Jim (one of the owners) & I have discussed some options. I don't know if they will implement any of them.

The unit has 21,000 mile on it now. The pinion nut on the differential was either not properly torqued or was previously used, and came loose after 450 miles, effectively destroying the ring & pinon set. TriWing shipped me a replacement rear end at no cost. I also had a u-joint (theirs, not the Honda one) fail and an axle seal. While they paid for the parts, I think this indicates some lack of quality control on their part.

Overall, I am still happy with the unit. If I were to do it again I would probably buy the TriWing again because of the flexibility of gearing and tire/wheel choices. This was the only company making a conversion for the Valkyrie who offered any choices in this area. I would also incorporate the drive shaft mods into the unit before installation. Having said that I would also have it installed by one of their installers, so any warranty labor would also be covered. Stan
Grumpy, I'm trying to install a Tri-Wing on my 1800 VTX, but I do not have install instructions. any body have a copy? thanks Dududad

Thought I'd update folks here on my Tri-Winged Yamaha Venture. Last September I got "T"boned. The bike was totaled. I had put well over 40,000 miles on the bike as a 3 wheeler and had enjoyed every mile of it. My wife rode probably 90% of those miles with me. Way more often on it than before I converted to the Tri-Wing conversion. Having a bit more disposeable funds I decided (as well as the Mrs.) to go with a Hannigan conversion. Mostly cause we were looking for a better smoother ride that Hannigan offers. I'm well familar with the Hannigan trikes as several friends have them so know well the product.
Larry

Last edited:
I have a TriWing on my 1985 Limited Edition goldwing. It has 153,000 miles on it and the kit has around 123,000 on it since it was installed on the bike. All I have done with it was to installed brakes all around and a axle bearing and seal on the right side. I am well placed with the kit except I wish it had independent suspension and disc brakes on the rear.

My brother just joined triketalk and I do not know his user name yet. But he bought a used tri-wing on a 97 Yamaha Royal Star. Awesome bike but it needed a lot of help on the kit. It was installed ar some shop in Portland Oregon and they ( in my opinion ) should be careful how they let something out of there shop and on to the freeway. The entire connection plate where it connects to bike frame was tweeked to where the trike was 2 1/2 inches dropped in the center. The kit should be taken to a experienced chassis shop ( hot rod shop) that would know how to solve this issue. I owned a hot rod shop in Texas years ago so was able to easily solve the issue with gussetts and boxing plates. Now it is solid. So be careful with the kit. Other than that the kit is or really seems to be well built. My wife and I have a California Sidecar trike on a 2002 Harley for when she can free up time to ride with me. I will say that in my opinion the CSC trike is incredibly well built. This company knows what they are doing when they build the trike. All of the attachment points are well thought out.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvflorian

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvflorian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png