Viper pinion seal

Has anyone ever changed out the pinion seal on a Viper kit? I've got a "16 Goldwing with a Viper kit that was put on when the GW was new. About 23,000 miles on it. I jacked the trike up the other day to do the oil change on the differential and noticed that the pinion seal was leaking a little. Figured I better fix it sooner rather than later and just was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the job? Is it any different than changing out a pinion seal on a regular 4 wheeler or is there things you need to look out for when you're doing it?

Thanks in advance!

Larry

If it's a 2016, it may still be under the California Sidecar warranty. They have a 5 year warranty on the conversion so you might want to reach out to them and see if they will replace it. Unless you want to tackle this on your own which I could also understand...

Pinion seal

My wife’s viper pinion seal was leaking and I don’t know where you live. But if you are in Florida I recommend trikes by design in invernes fl. We took the bike to them and we were back on the road in 1 hr 45 min. Very reasonable price and they are Csc certified give them a call if you’re close enough

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lavinia

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lavinia
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png