voyager wiring

Apr 8, 2015
Marion
I am having issues with some wiring on my voyager kit. the kit is on an 05 flhtci and when i turn on the right turn signal all the lights flash. I have checked the bike wiring and when the kit is unplugged the bike lights work fine. I have checked grounds and they seem good. i have took all the plastic looms off the wiring looking for chaffed or pinched wire and all looks good. Any ideas

There is a electrical isolation unit in the wiring between the bike and the trike kit, it could be that has failed. I believe they are a standard trailer isolator you can get anywhere.

There is a electrical isolation unit in the wiring between the bike and the trike kit, it could be that has failed. I believe they are a standard trailer isolator you can get anywhere.
just replace that today with no change. starting to get frustrated with this voyager kit it has been problems from day one. first it was coming out of preload so i changed to the new shock system and lock blocks then replaced leaf springs finally got it to stay in load and now electrical problem.

Are there any box units on the bike like brake light flashers or running light module ?

Have l.e.d. lighting been installed on the bike or the Voyager ?

There should be nothing between the bike harness and the Voyager harness.

There could be a open or high resistance ground on the right light fixture on the Voyager.

Yes i have an auxiliary brake/running light module on the bike but i have had it the whole time.It was crushed being under the seat so i bought a new one and still same problem so i think i can rule that out. Now when i step on brake the right turn signal indicator will come on and stay on. I have unhooked the trike kit wiring and everything works as it should but i need the trike lights/trailer lights to work i pull a trailer for wife s wheel chair

Just for troubleshooting purposes take the box out of the circuit and connect the trike kit and see what happens. The box manufacturer may have made a change that is causing the issue. Double check all your grounds on the bike and the trike kit, they are notorious for weird problems.

Just for troubleshooting purposes take the box out of the circuit and connect the trike kit and see what happens. The box manufacturer may have made a change that is causing the issue. Double check all your grounds on the bike and the trike kit, they are notorious for weird problems.
tried unhooking box and just hooking up trike wiring and have tail lights turn signal on left but right turn signal flashes both left and right and no left brake light when hitting brake

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvflorian

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvflorian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png