Was at my dealer today

Trampas

1000+ Posts
Aug 27, 2016
Des Moines IA US
I stopped in today, haven't been there in awhile, wish I hadn't, they had 2 trikes, one in billard gray and the other blue burst, blue burst is sure good looking, now the billard gray isn't to bad either but the blue is the one.

For the money and options to add to be like my 2018 I will keep my 2018, that is a lot of money to spend, the bike it self is expensive alone without all the options that I would want to add, I could do some motor work to wake it up to be like the 1114 motor, but I will stay with what I have.

While there I ask about converting my hydrualic to a regular clutch, they don't know to much about it but he said there is a kit for around $650 and not sure that is everything needed, they would have to ask around to see about it. He told me they get people wanting to convert their regular clutch to hydraulic, not sure why.

All for now Trampas

Trampas - I went with a Rekluse clutch for several reasons. It’s a good option over the stock hydraulic. I first tried Oberon levers, then an AIM slave cylinder. They helped but the Rekluse is the answer for me. With practice in getting the rpms to the right spot, I can usually shift with no clutch. Stopping in gear with no clutch takes getting used to. There is a good youtube video by windsurfed you might check out.

[video=youtube_share;JIU6eVcLqik]https://youtu.be/JIU6eVcLqik[/video]

I stopped in today, haven't been there in awhile, wish I hadn't, they had 2 trikes, one in billard gray and the other blue burst, blue burst is sure good looking, now the billard gray isn't to bad either but the blue is the one.

For the money and options to add to be like my 2018 I will keep my 2018, that is a lot of money to spend, the bike it self is expensive alone without all the options that I would want to add, I could do some motor work to wake it up to be like the 1114 motor, but I will stay with what I have.

While there I ask about converting my hydrualic to a regular clutch, they don't know to much about it but he said there is a kit for around $650 and not sure that is everything needed, they would have to ask around to see about it. He told me they get people wanting to convert their regular clutch to hydraulic, not sure why.

All for now Trampas

2019 Tri Glide bought new in August of 2018. You guys make me feel like I'm the only one that has never had a problem with their hydraulic clutch. I don't know maybe I've been lucky but I like the hydraulic clutch. Okay now with that said watch it take a s*** tomorrow.

Trampas-

I too highly recommend the Rekluse clutch system. They were set up at the Rapid City Harley dealer during Sturgis week last year and for around $1200-$1300 installed, I couldn’t be happier.

i tried the Oberon levers (the setting that worked for me didn’t allow the bike to be started in gear, a big deal to me).

What I can do now is easily creep along in first/second gear in stop and go traffic and not have my left hand cramp up. Idling at stops in gear all the time, while not having to engage the lever is a treat.

You can’t stall ever with a Rekluse clutch. It does take getting used to, but I can totally avoid using the lever 100% of the time if I choose too. Mind you I still use the conventional clutch lever, but that’s because I like to sometime “get on it” pretty hard. Hah! I also found that for me, using a heal shifter made up shifting with the Rekluse system much easier.

Riding in gridlock through Hulett last summer, sipping on a bottle of water while creeping along justified the whole purchase to me right then and there.

Sure you need to keep an eye on free play gain and adjust the clutch if/as necessary but I put on nearly 13000 miles before it needed a slight tweak. Note: Rekluse clutches only work with stock levers. They did NOT work properly with the Oberons. Ask me how I know… ;)

I recorded a video last week demonstrating how easy shifting was with the Rekluse. Once I upload it to YouTube I will attempt to post it here.

Oh, lastly… Rekluse makes a hydraulic clutch “power assist” that I tried on a friends bike, and it made using the conventional hydraulic clutch effortless.

I quit using my local dealer for support in the past, today I got an email from Adamec HD here in Jax Fla inviting me to stop in for a free test ride again:p

I quit using my local dealer for support in the past, today I got an email from Adamec HD here in Jax Fla inviting me to stop in for a free test ride again:p

Jack you do know that most Harley Davidson deals have a money reading system at the door. They can actually read how much money you have in your wallet especially the hundred dollar bills..(security strips)..

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HomeFree

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HomeFree
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png