Windshield spider webbing

The last owner of my Stallion evidently used the windshield scrubbers found at service stations to clean bugs from the windshield. The spider webbing is really bad when facing nighttime traffic or facing into the sun. Is there a product out there that is made to fill in the scratches and reduce this problem?

They make stuff for small airplanes windshields that will help some with your issue. I will post the product name letter

Maybe i'm off base here, I don't know about the Stallion windshield , But if its bad enough [Sun/Headlights reflecting back] so that you have to doctor it up with wax's and stuff, I would just get a new one and then treat it right from the start....:Shrug:

Good morning

I think it was terry who took his to an aquarium place and they polished it. you would probable have a stroke when you find out the price of a new one.

Dragon

Good morning

I think it was terry who took his to an aquarium place and they polished it. you would probable have a stroke when you find out the price of a new one.

Dragon

Nothing ever surprises on parts for big boys toys ' But when something interfears with safety you (I) don't compromise 📞

Those windshields are way more then just costly. Very limited production item and only used on the Stallion. I use a product called NOVUS Plastic Clean. It comes in 3 different formulas. 1 is for general cleaning 2 is for light scratch removal and 3 is for heavier scratch removal. Now if it is gouged nothing will make it go away. This stuff will polish out most everyday scratches. MJ's is coming up on 9 years old and except for a couple of rock scratches looks like new.

You can also check with your local auto body shops and ask for a price to buff it out. I use Plexus and love it. A friend of mine had his Stallion windshield looking kinda ruff and we used the Plexus on his and it looked new again.

Tomg

Since there is a degree of concentration on this topic presently, I'm going to mention this here (and prepare to have things thrown at me).

There are currently no new Stallion windshields available to purchase. The few remaining ones sold a few months back. The company that produced the windshield is no longer in business, but we are working with vendors and seeing who would be willing to produce them in smaller quantities for us. However, at this time it's too soon to know if there will be a price increase and when to expect availability (it's very early in the process still).

Now, gimme a minute to put on some armor to help deflect the stuff that's about to get thrown at me....

Since there is a degree of concentration on this topic presently, I'm going to mention this here (and prepare to have things thrown at me).

There are currently no new Stallion windshields available to purchase. The few remaining ones sold a few months back. The company that produced the windshield is no longer in business, but we are working with vendors and seeing who would be willing to produce them in smaller quantities for us. However, at this time it's too soon to know if there will be a price increase and when to expect availability (it's very early in the process still).

Now, gimme a minute to put on some armor to help deflect the stuff that's about to get thrown at me....

Richard thank you for the information. People should not be upset with you. The Stallion has been out of production for coming up on 5 years. We are going to have to learn to adapt and I thank you for stepping up and helping us that want to keep our Stallions running. As the replacement parts run out at the shop there we will need your help finding replacements. Thank you

Trike Talk

So far (got my fingers crossed that it doesn't change), there are only a few parts we are out of that have since been redesigned or carry heavy lead times/supplier issues. The majority of the parts that are unique to us aren't an issue and shouldn't be. I'm with everyone one else in hoping that does not change as it only makes things more difficult for everyone involved.

The real solution would be having TMS start building the Stallion again! I know there is a lot of hoops to jump through with a new motor, transmission, wiring, getting everything approved again but, the interest in the Stallion has really grown since it was first introduced. The people who wouldn't even want to acknowledge the Stallion before are taking a completely different outlook now. Some of the diehard Harley folks are liking it more often than not. The days of being the only trike on the road is Over! You don't go anywhere without seeing multiple trikes everyday.

Tomg

The real solution would be having TMS start building the Stallion again! I know there is a lot of hoops to jump through with a new motor, transmission, wiring, getting everything approved again but, the interest in the Stallion has really grown since it was first introduced. The people who wouldn't even want to acknowledge the Stallion before are taking a completely different outlook now. Some of the diehard Harley folks are liking it more often than not. The days of being the only trike on the road is Over! You don't go anywhere without seeing multiple trikes everyday.

Tomg

I agree with you Tom. Your scared to stop someplace because you can't get away because everyone wants to talk to you about the Stallion. A lot of them are trikers. Rick

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png