Roadsmith Question

rmrc51

Lost In The 50's
Reaction score
I have a new Roadsmith conversion on my 05 Wing. I'd like to take the tires off to dress up the tail light wires. One side at a time if I have to.

What is the best way to lift the rear end off the floor? Placing the floor jack directly under the differential, or on the frame backing plate directly in back of the differential?

The lift point is the metal bracket at the bottom of each rear shock. If you lift in the center the trike will not be stable as it can rock to either side and fall off jack. I only do one wheel at a time for safety.

The lift point is the metal bracket at the bottom of each rear shock. If you lift in the center the trike will not be stable as it can rock to either side and fall off jack. I only do one wheel at a time for safety.

Thanks MH. Will do. ThumbUp

Rich, I ride a Roadsmith and jack it with a motorcycle jack under the frame backing plate the diffential attaches to - the jack is as wide as the plate and everything balances very well. Use small jack stands under frame forward of the wheels for safety. Then you can remove both rear tires at the same time. I have 215-45-17 tires on rear and cannot get them from under the fender of the trike unless I jack in the center and let the wheels drop down.

Rich, I ride a Roadsmith and jack it with a motorcycle jack under the frame backing plate the diffential attaches to - the jack is as wide as the plate and everything balances very well. Use small jack stands under frame forward of the wheels for safety. Then you can remove both rear tires at the same time. I have 215-45-17 tires on rear and cannot get them from under the fender of the trike unless I jack in the center and let the wheels drop down.

Using a motorcycle jack under the backing plate makes alot of sense regarding the balancing issue along with the fact that the wheels would then drop down making removal much easier. Looks like I shouldn't have sold my motorcycle jack a few years ago when I sold my Intruder. Guess I'll just pick up another one. Thanks for the tip! ThumbUp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png