Frankenstein Conversion Kit

markwood1mw

Sep 12, 2012
Maine
Has anyone had any experience with Frankenstein conversion kits? I am looking at one for my Dyna Street Bob, and I cannot find any reviews or information from those who have used one. I appreciate any insight you might have.

Mark

While you wait for responses from other members, click on GARAGE in the heading above. Then in the search box, type FRANKENSTEIN. This will pull up a list of a number of Frankenstein trikes that have pictures posted in the Garage (there are others too, but no albums started in the Garage yet).

Frankenstein makes an excellent kit! It is pretty sporty and doesn't have the storage and fiberglass body that most others have, but the price is lower to reflect that difference. It also is one of the few that will sell the kit directly to the customer, and many with the skills and tools to build their own trike really like that :).

Yes, from what I have read and heard, Frankenstein produces a nice DIY kit. Two things you must ask yourself- #1 do I want a solid axel suspension with no storage area, #2 do I want a kit with IRS, and a body for a few grand more? If you are looking for a sporty around town trike, F is a great choice. If you plan on touring or cruising, look at other options.:Shrug::D

Hi Mark, just had a kit installed on my wifes 2009 ,HD sportser,1200 low. She likes the way it rides and handles so far. I bought a storage box and had it mounted to a quick connect bracket and mounted it on it for her. The dealer painted the box to match the bike. Hope this helps you a little, thanks, Krazy "I"

Hi Mark, just had a kit installed on my wifes 2009 ,HD sportser,1200 low. She likes the way it rides and handles so far. I bought a storage box and had it mounted to a quick connect bracket and mounted it on it for her. The dealer painted the box to match the bike. Hope this helps you a little, thanks, Krazy "I"
Thanks for the information Krazy "I". No problems on the corners? My main purpose is so I can ride with my boys without losing that raw look that made me fall in love with my Street Bob. I just do not dare to put them on two wheels where I live. Many people here just don't seem to understand the dynamics of being on two wheels as they negotiate time to impact when they drive their cars. Over protective? Maybe, but these are my boys. I want them to ride someday so the experiences now need to be fun.

I put a frankenstein kit on my Deluxe. I like the raw look as well.

Lots of my friends say it looks like a racing car. I am not much for all of the trunk space, so this kit worked out well for me.

I converted my 2007 Road King to a Frankenstein because I like the raw look as well.
I purchased a CyclePac on line that carries most of what I need when touring. I also have a large excursion backpack that I use on the bracket when I plan longer trips. The backrest feature is a plus.

I have researched the frankenstein kits and will and will buy one for my next bike. I have yet to find a unsatisified customer out of 9 guys and gals i've talked to. Only have 2 concerns: 1. Noise of shorty mufflers. 2. Safety of no belt guard.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png