Waiting on my Kit... Already 1 week later than promised

Aug 16, 2010
Danville, Ky.
Ordered my HDT-R kit 4 weeks ago, it was supposed to be shipped from The Trike Shop to dealer last week. Still not shipped, dealer has contacted them 3 times, he can't seem to get an answer or today could not even get them to call him back. Is this normally the way that Roadsmith does business?

Ordered my HDT-R kit 4 weeks ago, it was supposed to be shipped from The Trike Shop to dealer last week. Still not shipped, dealer has contacted them 3 times, he can't seem to get an answer or today could not even get them to call him back. Is this normally the way that Roadsmith does business?

Hey Doc,

First of all thanks for choosing Roadsmith! Our apologies for the delay, we have just sent you a PM requesting details of your order so we can give you a ship-date. We actually have an email address for checking the status of kits on order which is orderstatus@roadsmithtrikes.com, and that is generally responded to within 24 hours. Being we have many orders on hand at any given time, that is the quickest way to get a response.

Thanks again, and we look forward to talking with you soon. If you need immediate assistance, please call
800-331-0705.

-Taylor

Roadsmith Trikes

Thanks Taylor, I spoke to you last Monday, dealer has tried to get a reply on shipment, I have sent emails to order status, and on your home page. Scheduled ship date was week of 3/17, which now is last week. The delay is not a problem, it just the lack of replies to multiple querries with an answer.

Thanks Taylor, I spoke to you last Monday, dealer has tried to get a reply on shipment, I have sent emails to order status, and on your home page. Scheduled ship date was week of 3/17, which now is last week. The delay is not a problem, it just the lack of replies to multiple querries with an answer.

Doc,

We spoke with your dealer yesterday afternoon and informed him that your kit will be leaving today. It doesn't sound like he relayed that information to you? We just got your emails this morning as well, but your kit will in fact be leaving here shortly.

Thanks again for your business, we look forward to hearing your thoughts on the Roadsmith kit!

-Taylor

Roadsmith Trikes
800-331-0705

Thanks Taylor, He sent me an email this morning letting me know it would ship today. Did not get till after I posted message here. Thanks and looking forward to get the body to my painter for it's custom work to match the bike.
Doc Dyna

I know you are excited about your kit, but I think you will be pleased when you do get it. I really like mine. GOOD LUCK
RIDE SAFE

Already got it uncrated and rolled into garage. Just un-bolted the body so I can take to my painter for his remarkable Prism paint job to match the rest of the bike.

Attachments

• 20140401_150146_resized.jpg
    20140401_150146_resized.jpg
    514.2 KB · Views: 248
  • 20140401_150223_resized.jpg
    20140401_150223_resized.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 263
Got it in the garage and the body off to paint. A couple of shots showing chrome wkeels and HD stabilizer bar, with trailer hitch receiver.

Attachments

• New Trike rear view.jpg
    New Trike rear view.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 248
  • OC NewTrike Pic.jpg
    OC NewTrike Pic.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 259
Take lots of pictures of the build, you will be glad you did and they may help others down the road.
There is a thread for builders to show what they did. I stored my photos on photobucket at the advice of forum members.

Lookin' good so far Doc! Thanks again for choosing Roadsmith, we are looking forward to seeing pictures throughout the process. As always, don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

My painter should be done by end of next week, I hope. Can't rush a critical painting process like my Prism paint scheme. Thanks to Taylor and the guys at the Trike Shop. Getting custom made 23" matching chrome wheel for the front. Got the kit stripped down to slip onto the rear of Ultra. Changing the front pulley down to a 30 tooth, new +1 Barnett Kevlar clutch and new Hayden primary chain tensioner, so will have bike down for a couple of evenings. Still haven't decided whether to keep my V-H 2 into 1 pipe and make a custom 2.5" offset to match the muffler to the collector pipe or switch to some true duals and re-core some CVO mufflers down to 1.75" to quieten down some.

Basically have finished conversion. Still have the chrome wheel trim and side covers to put on. Just waiting on fresh paint to cure a little more. Took a maiden 40 mile ride on Sunday. I REALLY like the smooth ride.
Trike.jpg

Can you buy and install your Roadsmith conversion kit, or do you have to go through a dealer? Sorry if I am missing something.

Many dealers are happy to sell the kits on a stand alone basis. You can also buy from other places like eBay and likely from The Trike Shop where the kits come from.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HDT-Roadsmi...ics-Streetglides-Ultra-classics-/110971276027
Read the fine print and you will find this is an ad for a kit
priced at retail and "will be installed" for free!
As far as I know there are only 3 true trike conversion companies that allow self install and one should question the warranty on a self install.
DFT, Champion and sorry, can't remember the 3rd! The 3rd might well be the RoadSmith!
Some one will post that knows!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searcher

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searcher
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png