New rider need help carry while riding??

Aug 6, 2015
Holiday
I am seeking methods of carry while ridding. I know the legalities in my state so I have that covered. I normally carry IWB I do not think it is going to work for me... I might do a shoulder rig when wearing a jacket. My issue is I am a large guy.... 64 inch chest do any suggestions on finding a shoulder rig that would work??

Thanks in advance.

Never thought about changing my carry method while on the trike. I still just use my everyday IWB and it seems to be just fine.

Just worries me it will pop out. Was wondering what folks do.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, in your Boot :Shrug:

- - - Updated - - -

Wear a Vest with a inside pocket.

Thinking vest might work. One of my carry weapons is a PPS, now to figure out a pocket holster set up.

Thinking vest might work. One of my carry weapons is a PPS, now to figure out a pocket holster set up.

Shoulder rig and/or vest works well with the PPS (my go to carry). Keep in mind that muscle memory is important. Practice drawing with any method is an important part of your routine training...

Just worries me it will pop out. Was wondering what folks do.

- - - Updated - - -

I have rode thousands of miles this way. Never thought about it popping out. It has always felt secure. I use a crossbreed type holster. Also have a vest with a designated interior pocket for concealed carry but it doesn't work for my carry gun (Glock 23). One day I may get a smaller gun to try it in the vest pocket.

Shoulder rig and/or vest works well with the PPS (my go to carry). Keep in mind that muscle memory is important. Practice drawing with any method is an important part of your routine training...

Yep, what he said. I do add a thumb break on mine though with shoulder rig.

I just bought an Alien Gear IWB.. going to be awhile till it gets here, but curious if anyone else has one and their thoughts on it. Seems like it's very well-made, I just hope the comfort level is there while riding.

I have Alien Gear for a couple of my guns. They are nice holsters. A couple of my buddies have ordered them on my advice and really like them. It should work good for you.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png