best carry caliber

I go back and forth between 2.. S&W Bodyguard 380 in my pocket or a SCCY cpx2 9mm with a paddle holster. Depends on weather.

Just picked up this SW MP Bodyguard .380 as one of my carry guns. Compared to my MP Shield 40 it's like carrying nothing.

Bubba

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    778 KB · Views: 338
After a wait of just about 5 months, the Legion 9MM has arrived.View attachment 34568

Love my Legion 229.. We have a standard 229 also and it's day and night between the 2. Legion has become my "go to" edc and training gun.. Some of the best fitting/finished grips I've seen on a "factory" pistol too. My next sig I think is going to be the 229 Combat (just cause of the coating on the internals!)

A Ruger LC9 fits well in the rt frt pocket of .... Wranglers.

A Sig P229 dao works well on a belt under a loose shirt.

A S&W M-27 in .357 mag with 8-3/8 bl for when I don't care and woods carry.

A Ruger SP101 .357 bobbed hammer dao ankle carry or boot top works.

I can think of others but those are "go to" choices.

a Big Boxer Dog that will tear your leg off if I tell him too.:Coffee:

Love those boxers. I still miss mine (Max) after many years. Nobody and I mean nobody would come near our house including the police that answered a false security alarm at our house. When they came up to the patio doors and saw Max they wrote in their report "large boxer dog in residence.......obvious false alarm"

Just purchased a SCCY cpx2 and I think it just might become my favorite carry weapon, between the .380, 1911 .45, and the baby desert eagle (a Kel Tec .32). Light weight and comfortable to carry.

Here's what I carry now...a Glock 30S. Not much bigger than G26, except it's a .45 caliber, and with the extended (factory) magazine it carries 10+1. That's 2 less than the full size G21 and a whole lot lighter.

I qualified with it for my conceal carry. The instructor smiled and said, "I don't see very many people qualifying with a .45."

Attachments

• The 30S.JPG
    The 30S.JPG
    787.8 KB · Views: 293
My normal EDC is either a Glock 19 Gen 4 or a Glock 30, either one carried in a N82 IWB holster.

On the trike I have taken to carrying a new Ruger LCP because I find both of the Glocks uncomfortable IWB when riding, and the LCP can be easily concealed in either my vest pocket or a jacket pocket.

In NM you can not conceal carry legally a caliber larger than the caliber that you qualified with. I qualified with a 45 semi auto and a 45 revolver.. So I guess that rules out the 500 calibers for me. 95% of the time I carry my sig P238, 380. Love that little guy. Jim

Kahr

I partial to a little KAHR in 9MM easy to hide IWB loaded with premium ammo and a little extra ammo in case I go down the wrong road unknowingly. but My AR 15 300BLK. pistol does fit in the Tourpak nicely. ThumbUp ride safely fearless

22.TCM.JPG

I have been carrying a Rock Island Armory 1911 in 22TCM .. fairly new caliber but

with a muzzle velocity of 2000 fpm it is explosive when it hits ...

Do my own reloading and have been recently loading a .218 Bee .224 bullet which hasa cross hatched hollowpoint ... Destroys small watermelons at 25yds ....

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png