Newbie Checking In

Haste Maker

Sep 15, 2015
Hayden,Al
I am a newbie to this forum, have been on the trike forum for a while, I have had my SS since the last of May....and have had my trike up for sale since the last of May

Sherry and I dropped our H-D trike off at Indian MC of Oklahoma City, Saturday, for some minor warranty work. (split CV joint boot) While we were there, we took a used Slingshot for a good test-ride. My wife wasn't that impressed but I was. It was a real hoot ripping around in it and I could honestly see myself owning one. Only problem I had with it was figuring out how to get out but strangely enough, Sherry hopped right out of the passenger seat and had to help me. I say strangely because she's had problem with both hips for years and often has problems getting off our H-D trike. Tried to convince her to drive the Slingshot but failed. She and I are driving back to OKC tomorrow so maybe she will take a spin in it, this time.

Getting in & out is a lot easier, if you have the top on your SS...gives you something pull yourself up & out..

SS new seats resized.jpg

I tried one with the roof, Still just to hard to get in and out.. Believe me i would have one in my garage right now...I guess I'm not as flexible as i once was. My main problem with getting in and out is the lower roll bar/foot protector. [Lower left side]..If i thought i could hack that off i'll have a Slingshot now...Maybe if they get enough complaints Polaris will redesign it. Hinge it like a door?

Getting in & out is a lot easier, if you have the top on your SS...gives you something pull yourself up & out..

That is my thinking, as well. If I owned a Slingshot, it would probably have to have a top.
The twin bubble windscreens are pretty cool, too.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried one with the roof, Still just to hard to get in and out.. Believe me i would have one in my garage right now...I guess I'm not as flexible as i once was. My main problem with getting in and out is the lower roll bar/foot protector. [Lower left side]..If i thought i could hack that off i'll have a Slingshot now...Maybe if they get enough complaints Polaris will redesign it. Hinge it like a door?

Yep, that's the problem area. Any good racecar chassis shop could install a swing-out and correct the problem. Some of my prostreet and protouring hotrods have had 6pt and 8pt rollbars installed and they had swing-outs for easier driver access.
Here's just one of many different types that are available.
http://www.jegs.com/i/Competition+E...IZitFJ4rE6Rv-WZT1bw3SRaC_N9xxYlPo0xoC6eLw_wcB

I have the twist dynamics top and their shorter side panels. Both together make a big difference in getting in and out. They're about 4" shorter than the stock ones.
Larry

Newbe?

Interesting. Wife says I'm never satisfied. 2nd GWRoadsmith Trike, finally got it to where I want it. 2003/04 only 16K on the speedo, 20K invested incl. new computer, new tires, 6 degree rake. Saw a Slingshot yesterday & fell for it. Any Slingshot owners thinking about going the GW Trike route? South Fla, Ron ;)

Last edited:
Get the Sling Shot, I sold RS trike with only 5,000 miles on the kit & got the Sling Shot...I hated every minute on the trike & love every minute in the SS...

I am a newbie to this forum, have been on the trike forum for a while, I have had my SS since the last of May....and have had my trike up for sale since the last of May

Welome to this forum. I now own a slingshot also although I still have my Stallion. Will you be attending the three wheel rally in SD this year? It is July 11-16 in Deadwood. A good rally I think this is the third year and seems to be getting bigger each year. Anyway welcome and ride safe.
Terry (Las Vegas Biker)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png