Armor All Outlast brake dust repellent

Trampas

1000+ Posts
Aug 27, 2016
Des Moines IA US
I was doing some searching and found this, they tried it on a Z06 corvette to keep the brake dust down on the chrome rims on the vette. They did a test by taping one half of rim and driving it and I was surprised myself. It has pretty good reviews on this to keep the brake dust down.

I know my thread about polishing rims was helpful and I know some say they wax their rims, some use the zanio stuff to coat the rims, just thought I would post this, some have clear coated their rims also, which Kevin at DK custom said his is starting to wear off I guess but after 2 years that is good. Just thought I would throw this out there for people, they say the armor all will last 4 weeks, kind of hard to believe that, but the reviews are very good about on different forums that I visited.

All for now Trampas

Well after 132 views, was hoping somebody would post if they tried it or not to see if it really works like the views I have seen, mine is parked for the winter, so was hoping somebody in a warmer climate would try it and post the results.

All for now Trampas

Well after 132 views, was hoping somebody would post if they tried it or not to see if it really works like the views I have seen, mine is parked for the winter, so was hoping somebody in a warmer climate would try it and post the results.

All for now Trampas

Reading your original post over and over... I must have missed something...:Shrug: They taped half a rim, driving it and then what..?
And who was they...?? And who did the reviews....??

I found this online and seen the you tube video with the corvette. They taped one half of rim and then sprayed the other half with the product and then took tape off and drove it, not sure how many miles but you can tell the difference in the rim. They have several videos of this product on you tube, like I said there are good reviews of this product online from different people and several videos, not sure if I believe it will last 4 weeks or not, even 2 would be nice if it works, I know some wax there rims but brake dust will adhere to that I think, but the armor all repels it. Just going by what armor all says, check it out for your self.

All for now Trampas

Hey Trampas. I've never heard of this stuff. If I go into town tomorrow I'll get some & give it a try. I'll let you know in a couple days.

looks good

If that brake dust killing Armor all works good deal. ThumbUp I would have to try it myself if it looks to good to be true... well I will see and let all know what I find out. Only problem that might be Spring the way the weather here in PA is this time of year.:Shrug: ride safely fred

I have wheel disc covers on mine, I just spray with Windex and NO more dust on any thing Here is my old freewheeler with the discs, I put them on my 17 M8
s-l1600.jpg

I have the discs on mine also, really keeps the brake dust down. I had them on my 2013 and switched to my 2016; they still look new after about 10,000 miles. I use windex to clean them also

All for now Trampas
Trampas, I have about 150 miles on since I applied the armor all. They are cleaner then they would of been with out it. I'll get a few more miles on it before the weather takes a dive & see how it does.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleycruiseraz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleycruiseraz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png