88 blazer trike

Fowler

900+ Posts
Reaction score
I am going to look at a 88 blazer tomorrow as a donor.
Getting it for a good price for what it is
Ive seen hot rods and trikes made from them
One of the Trikes I have seen that I like the best is made from a S10 (same engine, trany, rear and frame)

I am going to look at a 88 blazer tomorrow as a donor.
Getting it for a good price for what it is
Ive seen hot rods and trikes made from them
One of the Trikes I have seen that I like the best is made from a S10 (same engine, trany, rear and frame)

Kewl...Any pics of said S10 trike?

Is it 2 or 4 wheel drive?
Transmission could be changed to 2 wheel drive but likely adds cost, labor, & some amount of custom fabrication to the equation.
It sounds like you're prepared for that and I'm not trying to discourage you on this, but here's my "2 cents" for what its worth & if not too late: finding a 2x4 S10 donor rig might be a better start?

Is it 2 or 4 wheel drive?
Transmission could be changed to 2 wheel drive but likely adds cost, labor, & some amount of custom fabrication to the equation.
It sounds like you're prepared for that and I'm not trying to discourage you on this, but here's my "2 cents" for what its worth & if not too late: finding a 2x4 S10 donor rig might be a better start?
I just got home with it.
Yep it is 4wd. I have researched how to convert the Trany to 2wd and looked up the parts.
That along with a rebuild kit will run me about $400 (will go with a beast sun gear)
Or I just buy a replacement trany

I was looking for a 2wd s10 but could not find one in my price range.

It was crazy driving it home. The steering is so loose. I passed a cop and was afraid he would think I was drunk.

My goal was to get a donor vehicle by the end of the year. I finally got one the last day.
Now my next goal is to have it striped down by summer

The 2wd rear diff is narrower than the 4wd diff.

A 4.3 would make a strong trike.

Did not know that!!!!

I was planning to narrow the rear end anyway. I have been researching it.
I dont think I will do that myself but I wount know until I get to that point

I was just out looking at it with my son. All kinds of ideas running through our heads
BUT it will take us some time.

first day teardown

Got a little tore apart today

both side doors
back door/hatch
front grill
front bumper
left side fender

Not a lot to share but its a start

teardown 1 .jpgteardown 2.jpg

reply to thread

well Fowler.......good to see a project under way! remembering killing mice during disassembly of the datona!! lucky they hadn't damaged the wiring much...car had sat not running for 11yrs. it appears that you are starting with a live one! but whats with the dead on the welding table?? larry

well Fowler.......good to see a project under way! remembering killing mice during disassembly of the datona!! lucky they hadn't damaged the wiring much...car had sat not running for 11yrs. it appears that you are starting with a live one! but whats with the dead on the welding table?? larry

So far it is coming apart real well. The power steering has leaked all over, and I did catch it on fire when I burnt the door hinges off but I was ready for that.

Don't need the power steering so I don't care about it not working.
This coming weekend (if I have time) I will take the other fender off and then start taking what is not needed from the engine compartment

The dead thing is a dog I am building. It does kind of look like a dead creacher when laying on its back like that
See http://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/35272-started-new-dog

I thought it was kind of fun getting to "look in" to your shop and see the beginnings of a dog on the table, and a punching bag hanging in the foreground. I reckon that's for when a project gets frustrating?

I thought it was kind of fun getting to "look in" to your shop and see the beginnings of a dog on the table, and a punching bag hanging in the foreground. I reckon that's for when a project gets frustrating?

My shop (2 car garage) is cluttered with stuff. I try to keep it clean but there's only so much room.
I love my bunching bags. Almost every time I go into the shop I hit on it for a few minutes http://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/33920-Moai?highlight=moai
My son and I work out on it for at least a hour every Monday Wednesday and Friday. On Fridays when I am not on call I do Beer and Boxing with it

I narrowed the rear end on my trike. Set the banjo so it was more to left side to get pinion angle . That way i did not have to worry about move trans up or down,,. I cut my axle tubes with a pipe cutter. worked out super for me.. Home made drive shaft and all .. Just take your time and i bet it will be a super nice ride:)

fowler...good luck on the dog and trike! diver..do you mean that the trans and diff are mountedridgedly together??

My shop (2 car garage) is cluttered with stuff. I try to keep it clean but there's only so much room.
I love my bunching bags. Almost every time I go into the shop I hit on it for a few minutes http://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/33920-Moai?highlight=moai
My son and I work out on it for at least a hour every Monday Wednesday and Friday. On Fridays when I am not on call I do Beer and Boxing with it
I need to get me a punching bad to calm me down a little bit, and to get a good workout. Sounds like it would be a lot of fun--especially the Beer and Boxing. Of course the bag would end up hitting me back if I had too many beers. :laugh:

fowler...good luck on the dog and trike! diver..do you mean that the trans and diff are mountedridgedly together??

No they are separate but very short drive shaft (If i remember right 10 inchs). No just shorten one side of differential more than other side so it was off set with trans tail shaft. having less pinion up and down and more sideways . If that makes any sense lol..

I need to get me a punching bad to calm me down a little bit, and to get a good workout. Sounds like it would be a lot of fun--especially the Beer and Boxing. Of course the bag would end up hitting me back if I had too many beers. :laugh:

A punching bag is very good for relieving stress and exercise.
Moai (that is what I call it) does hit back kind of.
Over the years I have gotten fairly good with the double ended bag but it still comes back and hits me every now and then. I want to move to a smaller bag but my son likes the one we have and if keeping it keeps him interested that is fine with me.

Also I have a headache bag that swings around Moai. We mainly use it on Beer and Boxing nights.
Its a bag that is hung from a pool that we can swing around Moai at each other while we try to box. We have to slip, bob and weave to get out of its way. If you do not you get hit in the head. Its padded so it realy does not hurt but its does make you look next time

I would like a hanging heavy bag though. I just do not have room for it

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miner
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png