Expanding...into a Container!

Jun 15, 2013
Red Banks, MS
We have been bursting at the seams in our current location for a couple of years.

We were going to move to a new location in November of 2015, but the deal fell through, and 3 weeks later the building we were going to move into got hit by a tornado. In 10 seconds, over half that building was gone!

So, still being in the same location, with not enough room, we purchased a shipping container, and have been outfitting it to move all our packaging into it.

It is 40 feet long and 8 feet wide.

We should be able to move all our packaging shelves and work counters into it within the next couple of weeks.

Front door & window, that gets closed up at night by the container doors.

Packaging%20Building_zpsqpsuo869.jpg

A look down to the far end to a window and Air/Heat unit.

Packaging%20Building%202_zpsekayshhx.jpg

A side view, with Marc working on getting the end wall finished up.

Packaging%20Building%203_zps7zkudmsf.jpg

Kevin

A good example of when we are disappointed over an occurrence that it usually works out for our best interest. Glad you didn't get caught up in the tornado.

A good example of when we are disappointed over an occurrence that it usually works out for our best interest. Glad you didn't get caught up in the tornado.

No doubt in my mind, we were being looked out for. Definitely a blessing in disguise.
You know you're in the South --- Shotgun Shop!:D
Yep! :D Gets the job done, and keeps the costs/retail prices down.

Kevin

Last edited:
Glad that the expansion was needed. That means y'all will be in business for a long time. Waiting on spring to get the oil cooler/filter relocation for my TG.

Needing to expand is a good thing ... :D
Yep, even though it can be painful. lol

Bigger and better is likely right around the corner.

PC
...and More Efficient! :)

Good on y'all lookin forward to see y'all soon:)
:)

Out this way people are using containers for housing. Jim
We've seen some vids of that!

Glad that the expansion was needed. That means y'all will be in business for a long time. Waiting on spring to get the oil cooler/filter relocation for my TG.

:) Expanding overhead is always a dangerous time for any business, but we've managed thus far. We started on a back porch, moved to a Quonset hut that was heated with a wood burning stove. Added a "2nd location" of a garage.

Moved into a commercial suite of 1200 sq. ft. Added a shipping facility in Memphis, that started at 800 sq ft, and is now at 2000 sq ft.

Expanded to a second suite in the commercial building, expanded to a third suite in the commercial building...and that's it, no more suites to expand into.
So that is the reason for the expansion into the container out back of the building.

Good luck and hang in there! It'l work out for the best and you will still take good care of your customers......we know that!

Thank you! :) Everything is keyed to that...taking care of our Customers.

Here's the latest on the new space-

Packaging%20room%20update_zpsdklxnsbz.jpg

Electricity is in, (still waiting on a few lights to install), security system installed, internet is in. Insurance is done. Walkway is done. Shelves are starting to go in.

Amber & Lisa, who do all the packaging, are super excited about their new, bigger, more organized space!

Our newest goal...lol...and I think it is realistic, is that we will be fully moved in sometime next week.

Kevin

Expanding... into a Container

Congratulations on the expansion, amazing what you can do with containers. My son-in-law is putting 2 containers together for a deer hunting camp. Good luck and Ride Safe.

This is what it looks like today. Almost 1000 SKU's/Containers on the shelves. Still have a bit more to go before completed, but Amber and Lisa started packaging in it today. :)

Packaging%20Shop%201-24-17_zps9rmknt2b.jpg

Kevin

I have a neighbor that did something like that to use as a paint shop. I hope you have AC for those hot summer days....and naturally heat for the long winter days............:Coffee:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png