Texas Chainsaw Massacre Run...

Gone2Three

I have a knife addiction..
Aug 17, 2016
Pflugerville, Tx
The weather is "gore'geous" and the SO had other plans. What to do...where to go.
So I saddled up and took a ride into the horror classic Texas Chainsaw massacre.

Three stops in mind, Taylor, Granger and last stop was Cele Tx just on the outskirts of Manor.

Taylor meat "slaughterhouse" was used in the film and was the first stop. Big brick building still in operation today.

Onwards to Granger just outside off if CR336 lies the two story house of leatherface's family of cannibals.It's a private residence so no trespassing for a closer look at the house, but you can still see it from the road.

Speaking of cannibals I'm starting to get hungry so it's onto my next stop Cele Tx. Here located just outside of Manor is the famous gas station from the film. It's a local watering hole and BBQ joint on the weekends.

Here I met Don and his buddies serving up conversation and great food. I had their combination meat platter fit for the hungy cannibal...err carnivore in me :D
After eating he welcomed me to tour the building and told me of the many celebrity visitors and movies filmed here over the years.
Second Hand Lions, Perfect World and the remakes of the Chainsaw movies just to name a few.
It was a nice ride and wanted to share it with all of y'all...

Here is a write up on the store: http://austinot.com/cele-store

And the other that covers the Chainsaw movie write-up.

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/3423620170218_104535-1.jpg

I'm going to have to go on that ride

It was fun..something different. This film has a big cult following and the owners of the farm house are serious about the whole trespassing deal.
Here's a link to a story about the house along with some movie clips thrown in. Glad I did this during the day...

Cool ride. To bad my day was trashed taking care of getting a flat repaired on another car that I ended up having towed to Discount Tire in Burleson, TX Seems the tire is specific to that car only and no one stocks it locally. The replacement has to come from Michelin in Houston, TX Needless to say, I am not a happy camper. Only good thing is I rode the trike to the service station where my son left the car Friday night to wait for the wrecker and then on to Discount Tire.

Cool ride. To bad my day was trashed taking care of getting a flat repaired on another car that I ended up having towed to Discount Tire in Burleson, TX Seems the tire is specific to that car only and no one stocks it locally. The replacement has to come from Michelin in Houston, TX Needless to say, I am not a happy camper. Only good thing is I rode the trike to the service station where my son left the car Friday night to wait for the wrecker and then on to Discount Tire.

Dang Mike...that bites! So do tell...what car was this that tires are so scarce :Shrug:
Defiantly not a fun way to spend the day

The CTS-V uses a 19" dia. tire that GM paid Micheline to build specifically for the V. It has three specific compounds in it vs the euro spec tire that has only two. My bad for not validating the information given to me by some ding-a-ling at one of the company Firestone stores. I made it a point to state that the car I was asking about was the CTS-V, not the CTS-V Sport. I even gave this fool the exact tire size. Needless to say, had the person read their computer correctly and advised me that run flats were not available for the car I would not have bought it. I would have bought the ATS-V. Run flats are available for it. :mad:

The CTS-V uses a 19" dia. tire that GM paid Micheline to build specifically for the V. It has three specific compounds in it vs the euro spec tire that has only two. My bad for not validating the information given to me by some ding-a-ling at one of the company Firestone stores. I made it a point to state that the car I was asking about was the CTS-V, not the CTS-V Sport. I even gave this fool the exact tire size. Needless to say, had the person read their computer correctly and advised me that run flats were not available for the car I would not have bought it. I would have bought the ATS-V. Run flats are available for it. :mad:
Sorry tp hear that Mike...if you spend over 80K for a car they should come with run flats and a warranty

Glad I took the optional tire and wheel package. First time I've ever done that. Glad I did. I even bought one for the Z06 Corvette. We have so much debris on our roads here in TX now along with the crappy road conditions, I will get my money's worth. Sad but true !

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png