Nav and tunes for an old man

Got tired of not being able to see my little Garmin or iPod mini, SOOooooo, How about an iPad with 4g access. Now I can do my E-mail, check FaceBook, and do a little Face Time at 80mph....

Attachments

• freewheeler iPad mount 2.jpg
    freewheeler iPad mount 2.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 268
  • freewheeler iPad mount 1.jpg
    freewheeler iPad mount 1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 277
Face time

Got tired of not being able to see my little Garmin or iPod mini, SOOooooo, How about an iPad with 4g access. Now I can do my E-mail, check FaceBook, and do a little Face Time at 80mph....

You are joking arnt you?

Such a good idea. How have you mounted it and is it behind a batwing or windshield?

Made a triangular bracket from some scrap aluminum that is 3" long. It is attached to the handle bar bracket with industrial double stick tape, the kind that holds the badges on a car. Covered with Velcro. The iPad won't fall off, we gave it the 'jiggle' test (bad road and railroad crossing at 40 mph. Damn near tossed me off. Power comes from a USB power strip (Wal Mart) I bought for about $20. Screen brightens and darkens with ambient light and has a night time screen.

Personally, I see no difference in the iPad Mini shown and the gizmo (Palyer/NAV systems) found on other touring bikes..... and cars. Accept the iPad is probably more useful and flexible in its uses.........and, most certainly where it can be used.

WELL DONE!

Springman

Nav

Personally, I see no difference in the iPad Mini shown and the gizmo (Palyer/NAV systems) found on other touring bikes..... and cars. Accept the iPad is probably more useful and flexible in its uses.........and, most certainly where it can be used.

WELL DONE!

Springman

Screwball said he could use it doing 80 mph on the road. It is not legal to use an electrical device while driving in Canada as it should be Its tHe same as texting while driving which kills people

Screwball said he could use it doing 80 mph on the road. It is not legal to use an electrical device while driving in Canada as it should be Its tHe same as texting while driving which kills people

OK, then we will make Screwball slow down to 79 mph to text......when he goes to Canada next time......

The truth here is that Screwball probably set his NAV points before he starts driving/riding ,just like conventional vehicle systems, maybe fiddles with the tunes, just like the radio and so forth......I think your making assumptions on Screwball's operations with no real data other than a slight-of-hand statement.......

In Short: Don't take things so Literal with out evidence.

Springman

Nav

I can only assume what I read and I am not putting any one down. I only said it is not legal to do emails or Facebook in Canada while driving. I meant no offence to anyone.

I can only assume what I read and I am not putting any one down. I only said it is not legal to do emails or Facebook in Canada while driving. I meant no offence to anyone.

Its all good, sorry as well.

The funny thing here is that my buddy just got a new car that has WiFi.... factory option; now he can do facebook and emails while driving and that was a selling point for the car......males you think....

Springman

Nice setup. Good for mature eyes that have issues finding stuff quickly on smaller screens.

Distracted driving/riding is a big issue.....for everyone but me. I'm perfect and odor free. I can text, email, place Amazon orders etc. while operating a motor vehicle. Now that's just me, so all of yawl:p need to heed your limitations.:p

(couldn't find the tongue in cheek dude)

Gerold, Gerold, Gerold..... If you looked closely you would have seen my tongue in my cheek... I'm assuming they use that phrase in Canada. I live in Southern California, about 1500 miles from Canada. I don't ride there very often. I don't text, E-mail, answer the phone, or watch movies while riding my bike or car.

Now, for an update. Got kind of tired having that GIANT thing stuck on my 'Free. So, I changed the brackets and added a Samsung Note 4. 1/4 the size and all the functions of the iPad. Also the iPad wouldn't charge while in use. The charger cord produced less power than needed to run the unit

Got the same amount of music and the same GPS as the iPad. I can do E-mail, text, Answer the phone, FaceBook, and watch a movie at 80 mph just like I could with the iPad..... BUT I WON'T

Attachments

• Freewheeler dash board.jpg
    Freewheeler dash board.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 114
Nav

Gerold, Gerold, Gerold..... If you looked closely you would have seen my tongue in my cheek... I'm assuming they use that phrase in Canada. I live in Southern California, about 1500 miles from Canada. I don't ride there very often. I don't text, E-mail, answer the phone, or watch movies while riding my bike or car.

Now, for an update. Got kind of tired having that GIANT thing stuck on my 'Free. So, I changed the brackets and added a Samsung Note 4. 1/4 the size and all the functions of the iPad. Also the iPad wouldn't charge while in use. The charger cord produced less power than needed to run the unit

Got the same amount of music and the same GPS as the iPad. I can do E-mail, text, Answer the phone, FaceBook, and watch a movie at 80 mph just like I could with the iPad..... BUT I WON'T

Didn't mean anything bad. Sorry I have never heard of younger in cheek by the way where do you live? I am visiting in Palm Springs till the end of the month. Sure is hot here

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87_442

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87_442
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png