BOSS MC 400 sound system

sonny8l3

Hello, just passing on my experiance. I recently bought a BOSS MC 400 amplified speaker system. I have had 2 different Shark systems in the past on my Nomad with a wind shield.

The 1st one was fair to about 50mph, the second was just garbage. I installed the BOSS about 2000 miles ago. At first I put the speakers under my knees on the frame but moved them to the handelbar risers. I ride a home made trike with no wind shield. I did add a 20 amp inline RS amp. At 70 mph on the interstate it does a fine job.

Some of the banjo or fiddelming is not too clear. Well under $100 at the door from Best Buy. Solid feeling speakers, small amp, and real easy too install. I like mine a bunch. Thanks for your time.

Thanks Sonny, I'll be looking for something like that soon. I'll probably have to change exhaust (header pipes) to something a lil softer. Do you have loud pipes?

Hello, just passing on my experiance. I recently bought a BOSS MC 400 amplified speaker system. I have had 2 different Shark systems in the past on my Nomad with a wind shield.

The 1st one was fair to about 50mph, the second was just garbage. I installed the BOSS about 2000 miles ago. At first I put the speakers under my knees on the frame but moved them to the handelbar risers. I ride a home made trike with no wind shield. I did add a 20 amp inline RS amp. At 70 mph on the interstate it does a fine job.

Some of the banjo or fiddelming is not too clear. Well under $100 at the door from Best Buy. Solid feeling speakers, small amp, and real easy too install. I like mine a bunch. Thanks for your time.

I have actually been looking for a good priced speaker set for my Trike

I stole the speakers off my trike last winter for my shop

Can you tell me he db level they put out? If you have a smart phone you can get free noise level apps

Hello, I have headers with what I would call glass packs. They are not real loud, I'm old, but they don't sound like an ill singer either. And I honestly wish I could answer the db question. I have no idea, that's way over my head. But, if you go to the BOSS web site or look for BOSS amplified waterproof speakers, you can bump around and find all the info. I ordered mine in store from Best Buy. Price match and easy return if I have a problem. I showed the Best Buy web site picture to the clerk. I had to tell her that she did not have them in stock. If I weren't so computer stupid I would attach a picture. I hope this helps. Thanks for your time.

I looked them up. About 85db

My Skullcandy Airraid speakers are about the same and do OK

Was looking for some a little louder but around the same price

I added an inline AA battery powered amp from Radio Shack several years ago, and it may not still be avalible. But a headphone amp is similar and cheap. It has a 3.5 F/M and 3.5 male. It made the difference from 50 mph to 70 mph with I-12 traffic.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png