• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Windshield trim

Trampas

1000+ Posts
Reaction score
How many have the windshield trim, I was at a friend's house yesterday and he finally got around to installing his that he got for Christmas, looked on the HD website, wow, they are pricey for sure.

All for now Trampas

I have a plain chrome one. I think it is a Kury part.

I've look at others, some of them are very pricey.

btw, the ones with cut-out designs in them look really cool in the package, and when first installed. But if you ride where there are a lot of bugs....well, they are no fun to clean out of all those little cut-outs. :xzqxz:

Kevin

btw, the ones with cut-out designs in them look really cool in the package, and when first installed. But if you ride where there are a lot of bugs....well, they are no fun to clean out of all those little cut-outs. :xzqxz:

Kevin

I looked at the HD cutout ones but went with the solid chrome for just the bug cleaning issue.

Kevin

True this !

I started out with the plain black HD trim. Decided to buy the stainless one with the engraved logos and the cut out slots. I like it better even if it is a pita to keep clean.

Well I have a slotted one

I don't really have a problem cleaning mine but the slots are large if they get really bad I just remove it and clean it. Ride safe Fred

Attachments

• DSC00115.JPG
    DSC00115.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 236
  • DSC00144.JPG
    DSC00144.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 238
  • DSC00117.JPG
    DSC00117.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 240
  • DSC00269.JPG
    DSC00269.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 241
I went with the trim setup that includes the mirrors. When I first saw a picture of them not installed, I wasn't sure, but now that I have run them I like the mirror position and it gets them off the bars. And yes they came from HD so they are pricey.

Chrome Shield Trim.JPGI have the one with the cutouts also. I got mine at a swap meet for cheep and it was like brand new. I had the same one on my earlier road king years ago on an aftermarket fairing. On that bike I had to adapt the trim because it was a 5 bolt mount instead of the 3 bolt mount. I used 1/4 inch chrome standoffs I got at ACE Hardware to make it fit the aftermarket fairing. It looked great sitting a 1/4 inch up off the fairing edge. Kind of a 3-D effect.

When I got the 12 Triglide, I found the same trim piece at a dealer fleamarket in their parking lot for next to nothing and mounted it the same way. Its real easy to get the bugs out of that trim as its not right up against the fairing. There is a 1/4 inch clearance between the trim and the fairing. I just push a wash rag or sponge up under the trim and wipe it all out easily.

The 1/4 inch chrome standoffs don't cost that much and changes the look of the trim.

Good Luck

milemaker@aol.com

Sam

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png