Lehman Tramp Steering Stabilizer

ProudTexson

Dec 2, 2012
Big Spring Texas
I am in need of a new steering Damper for my C50 Tramp. Lehman doesn't list it anymore.All I can find in looking after market are to short. Not enough travel. Mine has lost most of the resistance.

any suggestions?

Dont buy the Daytona kit off eBay

at $159 bucks i did

not happy at all, too little resistance from a 7 ? point adjustable unit

Next up a stabilizer from a vw for a fourth of the price. My experience;)

I am in need of a new steering Damper for my C50 Tramp. Lehman doesn't list it anymore.All I can find in looking after market are to short. Not enough travel. Mine has lost most of the resistance.

any suggestions?

Proud Texan, I have one complete kit left. Probably the last one in the world. I can't remember what it cost me, I have to look it up. If you only need the damper, I might also have that too. I can (could) get rebuild kits for the damper too. At least I have in the past.

Proud Texan, I have one complete kit left. Probably the last one in the world. I can't remember what it cost me, I have to look it up. If you only need the damper, I might also have that too. I can (could) get rebuild kits for the damper too. At least I have in the past.

I think I could get by with just the Damper. I sent a PM earlier.

Always wanting to learn something new:

Did the C50 come with a steering damper or was it added when converted to a trike?

Wondering why some bikes/trikes do not have dampers?

Is one really needed on any bike/trike?

Thanks

The C-50 had the stabilizer as an option in 2006, years after the initial release. The C-90 offered it as part of the conversion. :Shrug:

I bought My C50 Tramp new, already converted from Family Power Sports in San Angelo,Texas. At the time It only had a Windshield. When I put the Batwing Fairing on,it recommended A steering Damper. Cant even remember where I got it. FPS probably. It has been on about 8 years. Adjustment on end will not turn without pliers.

In need of a C90 Jackal dampner

I have a C90 trike conversion with a Leyman Jackal kit. I believe the dampner is bad. I have found several replacement dampner, but the longest one is just over 13 inches long. I need one about 14.5 like what comes with the kit. The replacement I got works, but reduces my turning radius. Anyone happen to know where to find a proper size replacement? Thanks for any help.

Mike

I have a C90 trike conversion with a Leyman Jackal kit. I believe the dampner is bad. I have found several replacement dampner, but the longest one is just over 13 inches long. I need one about 14.5 like what comes with the kit. The replacement I got works, but reduces my turning radius. Anyone happen to know where to find a proper size replacement? Thanks for any help.

Mike

https://www.shindypro.com/ss.html

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trvman

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trvman
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png