trickle charger

When I plug the battery tender in red lights start blinking. I put it on another battery and no

blinking. Is my battery going bad on my Trike? It starts fine, and run fine. I don't want to be on a trip and battery fails me. Should I change the battery? I bought the Trike about 7 months ago. It is a 2010. I really have no idea how old the battery is. I need your HELP!!!

For about 100 bucks you can have a Big Crank ETX 30L Delivered to your door in a day or two from battery mart through Amazon ... Thats what i put in my 11Tri-Glide, 02/12/15..

Even though the old battery was still good....Cheap insurance...

When I plug the battery tender in red lights start blinking. I put it on another battery and no

blinking. Is my battery going bad on my Trike? It starts fine, and run fine. I don't want to be on a trip and battery fails me. Should I change the battery? I bought the Trike about 7 months ago. It is a 2010. I really have no idea how old the battery is. I need your HELP!!!

Could mean a bad cell. Have the battery tested under load. If it is very old or has been almost completely discharged I'd replace it before going far from home. Better safe than sorry.

Mine does the same, but after a few minutes it goes Green.

My tender does the same thing, but after a few minutes it goes green

Like rhino 2 said,A new battery is cheap insurance PLUS you will have peace of mind knowing it is new

Load test your old battery fior grins, if it drops below 10 volts it is bad

You could have it load tested, but if you have had it only 7 months and not sure of history I would replace the battery to be on the safe side, that would be what I would do, just me, don't want to be someplace and stranded because it wouldn't start. My friend was on a trip with a group and they stopped someplace and his wouldn't start, one of the guys had a jumper cable and they got it started and took off to the next harley dealer and he had it replaced. Sometimes a load test would show it is fine, their is quite a few things that play into this, temperature for one and I'm sure their are other factors as well, I'm no expert, IMHO I would replace it to be on the safe side.

All for now Trampas

1. Check connections

2. Load test the battery

3. FYI, if it is a Battery Tender, it's a maintainer, not a trickle charger

I'll second that. There's a big difference between the two. However, back to the OP. To be absolutely honest, every Battery Tender brand I've had has done strange things. To the point that I've replaced all of them and dumbed Battery Tender tenders. But yours may just be charging or trying to charge a battery with a bad cell.

First check the connections.

Next load test. You need 13 volts.

My tender starts out red and then goes green.

Also check out Law Abiding Biker [LAB], they have a great utube video on battery testing.

You might check the fuse on the connection to your battery. When mine is flashing it indicates a problem with the connection.

I've learned over the years, With Electrical stuff, Batteries, Wiring , Chargers,..ETC.

That if they hiccup once then it start's to work mysteriously again, You better;

BOHICA......:D

Battery Tender

The Tender comes with several connectors. Disconnect it at the battery and use the connector with the alligator clamps. Clamp onto the battery bolts with the positive(red) clamp first then the ground(black). Now you can plug the bike into the charging cable then plug the charger into the 110 wall plug. Always hook the tender up to the bike before plugging into the wall plug and always unplug the wall plug first when disconnecting.

It should come on solid red and within a short time turn green.

follow up info

I hope this helps.I found the manual reference,

RED LIGHT FLASHING (All models except 6V Junior) – The red lightflashing indicates that the battery charger has AC power available and thatthe microprocessor is functioning properly. If the red light continues toflash, then either the battery voltage is too low (less than 3 volts) or theoutput alligator clips or accessory ring terminals are not connectedcorrectly.¾ RED LIGHT ON STEADY (Both models) – Whenever the red light is onsteady, a battery is connected properly and the charger is charging thebattery. The red light will remain on until the charger completes thecharging stage.¾ GREEN LIGHT FLASHING (1.25A only) - When the green light isflashing, and the red light is on, the battery is greater than 80% chargedand may be removed from the charger and used if necessary. Wheneverpossible, leave the battery on charge until the green light is solid.¾ GREEN LIGHT ON STEADY (Both models) - When the green light stopsflashing and burns steady, the charge is complete and the battery can bereturned to service if necessary.

The Tender comes with several connectors. Disconnect it at the battery and use the connector with the alligator clamps. Clamp onto the battery bolts with the positive(red) clamp first then the ground(black). Now you can plug the bike into the charging cable then plug the charger into the 110 wall plug.

Always hook the tender up to the bike before plugging into the wall plug and always unplug the wall plug first when disconnecting.

It should come on solid red and within a short time turn green.

:) :clapping:

Tuccandler said:
The Tender comes with several connectors. Disconnect it at the battery and use the connector with the alligator clamps. Clamp onto the battery bolts with the positive(red) clamp first then the ground(black). Now you can plug the bike into the charging cable then plug the charger into the 110 wall plug.Always hook the tender up to the bike before plugging into the wall plug and always unplug the wall plug first when disconnecting.It should come on solid red and within a short time turn green.

I always wonder what happens when you lose power. I've had a couple tender goes south and wonder if this might be the cause.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png