My Introduction

Oct 2, 2017
Princeton, MN
Hi All,

My name is Dale Nick. I live in Princeton, MN and own a 2008 Honda Silverwing.

The SWing is now at the shop getting a Motor Trike GT3 trike kit put on. I brought it in on the 20th of Sept and they said it would take a couple of months to get the kit and install it. That's not all that big of a deal seeing as riding season is almost over for us here in Cold Country. Besser's Bike Barn in Sauk Rapids, MN is doing the work and they said they'd deliver it in their enclosed trailer when it's done. When it gets here I'll at least be able to sit on it in the garage and go "VROOM VROOM" and talk nice to it until the weather warms up.

My SWing is an 08 with about 29,000 miles on it. I've had it for four years now and really like it. I bought it from my sister in Milton, FL and trailered it home seeing as it had sat for two years. After lots of TLC and parts I got it running and haven't looked back since. My wife, Jan, passed away just over 4 years ago but there are times where I swear I can feel her on the back with me. I ask her if she's liking the ride and I haven't gotten hit upside the head yet. So, I guess she does still like to ride with me. We made two rides to FL on two different bikes and it was a blast! The first was a 74 Honda CB750. The second trip was a couple years later and it was on an 80 Yamaha 850. Both trips were when we were still young enough to handle a long ride like that and we enjoyed it a whole lot.

I'll post photos of the SWing once I get it back from Bike Barn.

Welcome Dale

Hey Dale, welcome to trike talk. Looking forward to some pictures of your Silverwing conversion. I'm a Minnesotan myself and ride a 2015 HD Triglide. Enjoy the forum, lots of great information here. :wave4:

Welcome from Pennsylvania

Welcome to the forum stop by often the both of you are very welcome to share experiences and stories of rides to share with our best friends God bless I can tell you are still in love. never stop... ;) ride safe Fred

Welcome from SW Missouri by a former Minnesotan. Miss the north sometimes, but then when we have a toy run the 2nd week of December and it's 65 - 70° it passes. Planning on spending a lot more summer family time around the Twin Cities area in the toy hauler after I retire next year.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png