Goldwing trike / Jag rear Question???

namsgt1946

Apr 19, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Hello Guys!! New to site so here is first issue. I am trikeing my 2000 Wing and am using a Jaguar IRS rear. Should I position drive (pumkin) in center of chassis or offset it couple of inches to the right to minimize driveshaft angle? I figure I could compensate for the axle fulcrum difference with air pressure as I am using HD Roadking shocks and could pressure individually. Have plenty if fab skills so either way is no issue. All thots appreciated-------Thanks!!!

Strongly recommend the differential be place directly in line w/the drive shaft.
That is the way major conversion manufacturer's are building now.
There is a big failure rate on the offset CSC conversions being discussed on another board right now! CSC change to in line diff's in 2007(I think) and now failures on the old model are showing up!

the jag rear I used is designed with a one inch offset to the right from the factory for tourque. The driveshaft is five inches long and made from the stock jag shaft cut down.
The jag rear is a dana 44 based design, if you want a custom cover the dana 44 covers bolt right on. I just changed to an aluminum deep finned polished cover and afco coilover adjustable shocks (had original jag shocks and they sagged about 2 inches and doubled up they were too stiff). The afco make for a smoother ride and cornering improved as well, tad pricey but worth it. they are available at speedway motors

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png