• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

GL 1800 Motor Trike Razor Kit Trunk lid problems

Reaction score
Have major issues with the trunk lid not latching. On a long trip out west 2500 miles from home truck lid came open right after stopping in a parking lot could not get it recluse. I had to gently bend the brackets outward a bit and was able to get it to shut. Now the trunk lid does not close properly and is not latching on the left side. Have had issues with this since I got it and am tired of this. I love the looks and ride of the kit however it seems to ruined the dependability of the Goldwing on long trips

Have major issues with the trunk lid not latching. On a long trip out west 2500 miles from home truck lid came open right after stopping in a parking lot could not get it recluse. I had to gently bend the brackets outward a bit and was able to get it to shut. Now the trunk lid does not close properly and is not latching on the left side. Have had issues with this since I got it and am tired of this. I love the looks and ride of the kit however it seems to ruined the dependability of the Goldwing on long trips
Can you take it to the installer and have him fix???

The trike kit shouldn't have anything to do with the upper trunk on a Goldwing. I'm guessing you are talking about the trunk on the trike kit itself. Sound like an adjustment on the latch is needed. If you can't take it back to the installer you should be able to take it to a local body shop and they should be able to take care of it.

Razor Trunk Door

The trike kit shouldn't have anything to do with the upper trunk on a Goldwing. I'm guessing you are talking about the trunk on the trike kit itself. Sound like an adjustment on the latch is needed. If you can't take it back to the installer you should be able to take it to a local body shop and they should be able to take care of it.

It is the Trunk door on the Razor kit itself. I don't think the installer can fix it. 1 week after getting it I took it down there 2 hrs away because the latch broke trying to open it. And I was opening properly by applying inward pressure because it was always hard to pull the latch. So they repaired and then slowley but surely it came loose some how.

I will not take to local body shop and pay to have it done. its a new unit. I kinda ticked about it. I've reach out to Motor Trike several times and I keep hearing take to installer make adjustments. My brake line came loose in the Smokey mtns coming down hill at an intersection. The brake line was installed wrong. Thats fixed but the brakes don't seem as positive as they 1st were.

I was at the Wing Ding in Huntsville and spoke wit a rep from Motor Trike and he told me to go to their booth and speak with "Master Tech Richard" I did and I got a song and dance and when I pressured him to maybe look at my Trike he got really rude and stated he wasn't doing that. So with that to end I think that the customers safety or happiness did not mattered.

It seems someone from Motor Trike would pick up a phone and discuss this or even want to look and inspect this unit since it seem to have road safety issues. Period. I'm tired of the song and dance attitude. I've been having these issues since July of last year. My happinest and satisfaction seems to not matter. it seems to me the attitude of squeaking wheel will get greased is the problem.:mad:

Customer service has become a big problem with Motor Trike the last few years. It's the main reason I chose Hannigan over them,even though the Motor Trike factory is only 200 miles from me. Having said that,life is too short to put up with headaches like you're experiencing. Spend a little extra money and have your trike problems fixed so you can enjoy it. That's what I would do and if anyone on the road asked me if I would recommend that manufacturer for a conversion,well I think you know the answer to that question.

Welcome to the site,Dr Dave. Glad to have you aboard.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png