F4 windshield 10"recurve versus LRS 10"ultra flat/recurve

Trampas

1000+ Posts
Aug 27, 2016
Des Moines IA US
F4 windshield 10"recurve versus LRS 10"ultra flat/recurve

The post about windshields and I mean the latest one, I know their have been quite a few on windshields. Been thinking of the LRS wide in 10" but after reading the latest posts and F4 responded with his shield, I took a look at them, I have the stock windshield right now on the 2016 and it is 10". Was looking at F4's in 10" with recurve, I like the fact you can use just about anything to clean it and not ruin it and that is a plus, but said my other 2 bikes have windshields and have had no problem cleaning them with just plain water and rag.

I know the LRS wide helps out the passenger and the driver quite a bit on wind, but so far my g/f hasn't ridden it which is fine with me, I like solo but if she goes that is also fine. With the F4 recurve I guess it would help me out on wind and direct it up and over me which I would like for me anyway. I know their is quite a bit of difference in price and I mean quite a bit especially since LRS is always having sales.

It is getting to the point on deciding if I want one of these or just leave what I have on which works to a extent. From the last post their is quite a few people that have different windshields and I sure don't want to end up with a bunch of windshields sitting around in a box, I know quite a few of you have several laying around.

Ok, I have said my peace and now waiting for replies or no replies, up to you, LOL:D:D

All for now Trampas

I guess I will be one of those, that has a couple in a box. I ride with HD standard 10" clear shield and just bought 7" dark tint LRS re-curve for my trike. With their 70% off right now. I figure I couldn't go wrong for $40. We will see what happens.

Nuc

Both are excellent windshields.. I opted for the LRS at the time because of the curve and was really happy with it.:clap:

The F4 didn't have the curve at the time when I had the TRI but hope they will make one for the Spyder.:biggrin:

Both clean well and haven't had any issues with scratching. The F4 does bead/roll off water better in rain..:surf:

I posted recently that I installed a 10" LRS flat top in light tint (my Tri is black) & I like the look. It does send more of the air up over the top of you and a passenger. The tint & shape took a few miles to get used to the change, but don't even think about it now. Cleans up good with S100 & a good water rinse, polish with Bug Slide. So far so good, and the sale price was great. I did notice that due to the recurve, it it slightly taller than the stock 10". I look over the shield and it is just right for me. If you have the stock shield somewhat in your sight line, you might want to go with a 9".

I have no comment on the F4 as I never had one. Good luck in your choice!

Was thinking of a 9" flat top from LRS, have a stock 10" on now and I see over it, top of shield is between my upper lip and tip of my nose. I'm 5"9" and have seen guys post about my height with the 10" and works good, some have the 8" or 9", not everyone has the same torso length which plays a part in this, I'm a 30" inseam also.

Graygoat, I noticed you posted you have the 10" and the recurve appears to be taller than the stock, so many choices for windshields and so many different prices for sure, if I buy I want to buy only once. I know most of the windshields if you don't take off the protective sheeting you can send it back for refund or a different height, I liked that part of it anyway. I do know I want to look over it and not thru it.

Thanks guys for the replies

All for now Trampas

Was thinking of a 9" flat top from LRS, have a stock 10" on now and I see over it, top of shield is between my upper lip and tip of my nose. I'm 5"9" and have seen guys post about my height with the 10" and works good, some have the 8" or 9", not everyone has the same torso length which plays a part in this, I'm a 30" inseam also.

Graygoat, I noticed you posted you have the 10" and the recurve appears to be taller than the stock, so many choices for windshields and so many different prices for sure, if I buy I want to buy only once. I know most of the windshields if you don't take off the protective sheeting you can send it back for refund or a different height, I liked that part of it anyway. I do know I want to look over it and not thru it.

Thanks guys for the replies

All for now Trampas
Well a year ago I put a 9" flat top on and loved it ( so did the Bride) added air deflectors after lifting tank and If I smoked I think I could do it behind the 9" flat top. Fast forward to the heat of this summer I installed a 6" flat top I purchased on a wim at the LRS garage sale last fall, been kicking around about trying it. Well fathers day netted a windshield bag. I had it apart installing the Windshield bag I slid the 6" in place. To say it is as good as the 9" controlling the wind would be a stretch, however it lets enough in the wind by of summer to be refreshing. When temps drop the 9" will go back on. I'm 5'8" tall and shrinking. Good luck in your search Fred

Attachments

• DSC00268.JPG
    DSC00268.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 161
  • DSC00551.JPG
    DSC00551.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 157
  • DSC00554.JPG
    DSC00554.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 164
Speaking as one of those that's ordered LRS recurve windshields in the past. If the original windshield on your TG is something you like as far as looking over it, order a 9" in the LRS. I ordered a 10" and it got right in my line of sight when I put in on. Drove me crazy. Ordered a 9" and it was just right.

Speaking as one of those that's ordered LRS recurve windshields in the past. If the original windshield on your TG is something you like as far as looking over it, order a 9" in the LRS. I ordered a 10" and it got right in my line of sight when I put in on. Drove me crazy. Ordered a 9" and it was just right.

I like to look thru the windshield so in my case I went with the taller one.. I can see where looking at the edge would drive you crazy :ranting:

Yes, I agree with this (my earlier post). The 10 works for me if I sit normal, if I slouch not so much. I use a sheepskin on longer rides and the 10 is great for that.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png