Anyone in central IN with outrigger?

May 5, 2016
Bloomington, IN
I live in Bloomington IN and am wanting to get the Voyager or Tow Pac kit for my Yamaha 650 V-Star bike. I have just recently started researching this idea and don't know anyone firsthand who has one of these kits to understand more about the riding experience. I would like to actually see a bike like mine (or not) outfitted with one and take a test ride to make sure it will work for me before spending the money to purchase one. I am thinking about going to the Voyager factory as they at least have something for you to test ride but I know they are really interested in selling and may not help you figure out the pros and cons as well as another kit owner.

I found the steering of the bike to be very difficult with one of these outriggers attacked.
That is curable with the addition of a rake kit added to the front end. However, once a rake kit is added the bike becomes dangerous to ride with the outrigger kit removed!
If one cannot afford a true trike conversion and one needs something like an outrigger kit to keep riding, by all means go for it!
You are wise to want to ride one prior to making the purchase!

alovely voyager

:)
I live in Bloomington IN and am wanting to get the Voyager or Tow Pac kit for my Yamaha 650 V-Star bike. I have just recently started researching this idea and don't know anyone firsthand who has one of these kits to understand more about the riding experience. I would like to actually see a bike like mine (or not) outfitted with one and take a test ride to make sure it will work for me before spending the money to purchase one. I am thinking about going to the Voyager factory as they at least have something for you to test ride but I know they are really interested in selling and may not help you figure out the pros and cons as well as another kit owner.

I will tell you that a lot of people have the two outriggers you are talking about and seem to love them although I have heard of broken bolts and broken welds on the voyagers. and some people can't adjust to steering the bike instead of leaning the bike. I have a Trigg trike which is also a outrigger style on a Honda 750 Shadow which is a similar bike to yours. I don't have a rake on this Trike and I can steer it with one hand if I need to.I have had no trouble with it and have had it for three years now. it doesn't shake when you go over bumps like they say some others do .It is mounted a little farther back then the others and this makes it act like a trailer you are pulling but still supports you very well. it is very stable up to 85mph or so. the factory is now in Tenn.

there sight is on this page to the right I had mine painted to match by my body man.. You can't go wrong with this if you can't afford a true trike.
icon6.png
OH the outrigger will bottom out on speed bumps if you go over them square so I always cross over them at an angle. I am south of you about 80 miles are so. good luck on what you decide.

- - - Updated - - -

:) I will tell you that a lot of people have the two outriggers you are talking about and seem to love them although I have heard of broken bolts and broken welds on the voyagers. and some people can't adjust to steering the bike instead of leaning the bike. I have a Trigg trike which is also a outrigger style on a Honda 750 Shadow which is a similar bike to yours. I don't have a rake on this Trike and I can steer it with one hand if I need to.I have had no trouble with it and have had it for three years now. it doesn't shake when you go over bumps like they say some others do .It is mounted a little farther back then the others and this makes it act like a trailer you are pulling but still supports you very well. it is very stable up to 85mph or so.

the factory is now in Tenn. there sight is on this page to the right I had mine painted to match by my body man.. You can't go wrong with this if you can't afford a true trike.
icon6.png
OH the outrigger will bottom out on speed bumps if you go over them square so I always cross over them at an angle. I am south of you about 80 miles are so. good luck on what you decide.

OH by the way I am 72 years old If that helps. I think anybody could steer a Trigg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png