2016 Harley Trike

Markh853

1+ Posts
May 12, 2024
Lexington ohio
Can't get trike into Neutral in order to start. I know there's no clutch adjustments. How can I find Neutral? In oder to start?

Fyi: I'm not new to this trike, been riding for awhile now.

Thanks

Mark welcome aboard.

Even though you have a hydraulic clutch. The pressure plate behind the cover plate on the primary has an adjustment. Also try a synthetic gear oil in the transmission it will help the trans shift smoother and find neutral easier.

Can't get trike into Neutral in order to start. I know there's no clutch adjustments. How can I find Neutral? In oder to start?

Fyi: I'm not new to this trike, been riding for awhile now.

Thanks

Welcome to Trike Talk…….👍👍..Just a question is this something new or has it always been hard to find neutral?..With Harleys there is an insignificant amount of airspace between first and and neutral… if you’re in first gear and you want to drop it to neutral just a little love tap on the heal shifter should do it like I said it’s a very delicate procedure.. just in case, if you need to start the bike, you can start it in gear if you apply heavy pressure on the brakes ..

Welcome, Mark. I’m not completely understanding your problem. If you can’t get it to shift from the gear it’s in, just release your brake and gently rock your trike back and forth while down shifting repeatedly until you know you’re in first gear. Then tap your heal shifter lightly or lift your toe shifter by hand for neutral.

Rhino has it right. If trying to get into neutral while the engine's running, with the clutch lever pulled in, blip the throttle a little just prior to nudging the shift lever toward neutral. If the engine's not running leave the clutch lever out and push the bike forward until it stops, then push the bike backward until it stops. The center of those two extremes will be where it's easy to nudge the tranny into and out of gear.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png