Alarm for Trike

I have been giving serious thought to putting an alarm system on my trike. We want and are planning on several long distance trips where we will be on the road for several days or weeks for that matter and its doubtful that anywhere will have a garage avail to house the machine. <br /><br />
I know that with its size and weight its doubtful that anyone is just going to pick it up and tote it away.<br /><br />
I cant install a clamp of the front disk as its covered by the ring of fire “ Although that would be a perfect first option but forgetting that it is installed is a frightful thought”. Rear wheel anti theft clamps are far too bulky to carry around on a trip (or so I think). And chaining it to something like a lamp post isnt generally feasible due to where that solid planted object might be. <br /><br />
<br /><br />
Has anyone out there installed an alarm system and if so what made you choose that particular alarm over another system.

How about looping a plastic-covered steel stranded cable with built-in lock through front-wheel spokes and engine-guard. First, turn wheel to side and lock in position. I don't think its going to walk off.

While traveling and leaving my trike in a motel parking lot I take some extra precautions. I turn and lock the bars with the key. I push the reverse button in so that they couldn't start it with a key! Most GW owners have been surprised with that little button pushed in before.

Let me see if I understand this: If you push in the reverse button before turning off the key the bike will not then fire up unless you first pop out the reverse button? Sounds to me like it works the same as flipping the kill switch. Major difference being most other bike riders may not know of the Honda Reverse.<br />
<br />
Hmmm, maybe I'll do all four: the wheel lock, the wire lock, the kill switch and the reverse lock. By the time a thief got past all that, he'd likely be too tired to steal the bike.

When was the last time you or anyone else paid any attention to a vehicle alarm going off?
There have been so many false alarms, no one even looks up anymore!
I always ask if there is room and permission to park within sight of the front lobby door.
If not, I move on.
No problems so far.

an old trick years a go ( back in the day ) kids would go to an amusement park and bang on the windows of 50 cars and then break into one of them . YES people ignore the alarms

I put a G force alarm on mine basically to keep the nuisance people away from it. I would stop at restauarants on the road and sit within sight of the trike and it was good enought to keep kids off and not so respectful parents away. If a pro wants it ,he'll get it and you wont find out until morning.

How many of us have actually had a bike stolen and under what circumstances? And was it a two-wheeler or a trike? From home, motel or parking lot?

How many of us have actually had a bike stolen and under what circumstances? And was it a two-wheeler or a trike? From home, motel or parking lot?

Although I've never had an alarm-It only takes once to wonder why you never put one on w/a pager!
I have had 1 friend and knowledge of several others having bikes stolen.
So far, all have been Harleys and none were trikes. None were ever seen again!
Most, I'm sure, became spare parts for other bikes!

Although I've never had an alarm-It only takes once to wonder why you never put one on w/a pager!
I have had 1 friend and knowledge of several others having bikes stolen.
So far, all have been Harleys and none were trikes. None were ever seen again!
Most, I'm sure, became spare parts for other bikes!

I had no intent to imply that the incidence of theft is so rare that it is not worth adding an alarm but rather to find out how many of us have experenced such a theft. It has happened to a local friend of mine who, against repeated advice, persisted in leaving his bike parked in the side yard facing a major street - one night too many.

Friend of mine had his (71 I think) Super Guilde stolen with 800 smoething miles on it from his brothers car port.He still has the key if it is recovered.RIDE SAFE

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rramo
Back