Help with Temperature

ctdair

150+ Posts
I’m starting new post about front brakes. I never paid attention to the brakes until I changed them and was checking my work. I believe they are now working as well as the first 35,000 miles until change. The 6 piston calipers still drag so much more than 4 piston 2 wheel calipers I’ve compared against. Compared to friends TriGlide mine is running the same rotor temps. So I’m asking anyone with 6 piston calipers and access to a laser temperature gun to ride 20 miles and report rotor temperature. I’m running 120/130 after 50ish miles.

I’m starting new post about front brakes. I never paid attention to the brakes until I changed them and was checking my work. I believe they are now working as well as the first 35,000 miles until change. The 6 piston calipers still drag so much more than 4 piston 2 wheel calipers I’ve compared against. Compared to friends TriGlide mine is running the same rotor temps. So I’m asking anyone with 6 piston calipers and access to a laser temperature gun to ride 20 miles and report rotor temperature. I’m running 120/130 after 50ish miles.

I’m starting to believe the 6 piston calipers were not the best design. How much have they been dragging up till now and I have never really checked. Don’t remember checking when I changed front tire 20k miles ago. I did just change the front tire again and brakes at the same time. 2wheel 4 piston calipers the rotors are stone cold after the same type of ride distance.

Back