Help with PIN

Krazeehorse

60+ Posts
Oct 28, 2023
Kenton, Ohio, USA
I've watched the youtube videos about how to retrieve and reset your pin (2013 Tri Glide). Start with kill switch off. Turn main switch on, toggle kill switch 5 times (ending in "run" position) then hit left turn twice and right turn once. Nothing changes on my odometer display. I replaced the fob battery. Any other ideas?
Thanks, Kevin

My Free is a 2015 so it could be different. On mine you cycle the off/run switch only twice.
Run-off-run-off-run. When you press left turn twice it reads “enter pin”. Then when you press right turn it shows current pin#.

I will try that RK. Thanks. I saw another video that said to press the left turn 3 times. Didn't say specifically what year bike he had. I think it is newer than 2013.

I've watched the youtube videos about how to retrieve and reset your pin (2013 Tri Glide). Start with kill switch off. Turn main switch on, toggle kill switch 5 times (ending in "run" position) then hit left turn twice and right turn once. Nothing changes on my odometer display. I replaced the fob battery. Any other ideas?
Thanks, Kevin
Not for the 2013. First, make sure you have the fob with you.

Turn the kill switch on (run Position). Now tourn the ignition on - off - on- off and run again. After the third run, press the left turn signal 3 times and the right turn signal 1 time. This will bring up your code.

Now that the code is present, you can use the left trun signal to change it. Example, if the current code says 32123, by pressing the left turn signal, the first number will go to 4. Keep pressing until you get the number you want.

When you want to change the second number, press the right turn signal and it will move to the second number.

Just follow that pattern. When you have the pin you want (write it down) and turn the ignition to the off position. This will save your pin.

Good luck

7447. I tried that and it didn’t work. Maybe it’s me. However this trike was in an accident and had some repairs done to it. It appears mostly cosmetic. New front fender and outer fairing. RK, I’m pretty sure mine does NOT say enter PIN when fob is absent. We will figure it out. Thanks to all so far.

7447. I tried that and it didn’t work. Maybe it’s me. However this trike was in an accident and had some repairs done to it. It appears mostly cosmetic. New front fender and outer fairing. RK, I’m pretty sure mine does NOT say enter PIN when fob is absent. We will figure it out. Thanks to all so far.
You answered above that it does say, enter pin when the fob is not present.

Make sure you are following the procedure I noted earlier. Have the fob present. Make sure the kill switch is on (try with the kill switch off).

Then, turn the ignition ON. Off. On.. Off and finally on. Left turn signal 3 times and right turn signal two times. You will then see your code.

Do you have the manual for this bike? Just in case your's is different, it is in the back of your book

At this point, it would be interesting to know what happens when you take the fob away from the bike and turn on the switch. Message? Lights on? Will it start? Could the security system have been somehow defeated? I’m running out of ideas but keep us posted.

I don’t think it displays “enter pin” when fob is absent but I will confirm that. I do NOT have a manual. I liked the old days when Harley had pdf’s on their website.

Thanks, Kevin
You will get it right sooner than later, good luck and report back so others can learn

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png