Honda recall and my new package??

Wondering if someone could help from Hannigan... I just received my 2006 Goldwing back about a week ago with a great looking package..
Now comes the problem. When the package was installed what was done to the rear breaking system ( Not sure what to tell them).. According to two dealers in my local area I will be taking a charge on the repair for any labor over three hours..
Is there something special the dealer will have to do in order to replace the master cylinder ? Has anything on the braking been disconnected that will create a problem in additional work on the recall.
I know nothing about repairing bikes or cars so this is all Greek to me... When I need a repair it goes to the shop.. So any help I can get from you would be great.. The dealers kind a want to disown the recall since the bike was triked.
Thank you

Wondering if someone could help from Hannigan... I just received my 2006 Goldwing back about a week ago with a great looking package..
Now comes the problem. When the package was installed what was done to the rear breaking system ( Not sure what to tell them).. According to two dealers in my local area I will be taking a charge on the repair for any labor over three hours..
Is there something special the dealer will have to do in order to replace the master cylinder ? Has anything on the braking been disconnected that will create a problem in additional work on the recall.
I know nothing about repairing bikes or cars so this is all Greek to me... When I need a repair it goes to the shop.. So any help I can get from you would be great.. The dealers kind a want to disown the recall since the bike was triked.
Thank you

Go to the [Sticky] Hannigan Motorsports Information Desk Thread Post #147...

That might help you ThumbUp

Thanks rhino!

Ghosthunter, as mentioned we have addressed this in the Hannigan Help Desk area but I will be posting an official document here shortly to cover all the aspects for those that have just been informed of this recall without having to dig through different threads on the topic.

See Recall Document Link HERE

Back