Just registered

Apr 4, 2011
Rosemount, MN
Hello, I just registered on Trike Talk. I'm a new novice trike rider. I haven't ridden in 33 years. My wife & I were talking about getting a trike last year, and then she suddenly passed away. I decided to go through with getting a trike. I needed something to get me out of the house this summer. I purchased a 2011 custom trike built with Harley parts from a custom motorcycle shop in Wisconsin.

Last edited:
WELCOME to TRIKE TALK......CONGRATS on joinin' the Trike World.....ThumbUp....So SORRY for Your Loss...:(....I hope the Trike fulfills it's intended mission....Need Anything, We are here....:)

Welcome to the ste Tom, real nice looking Trike you have there, sorry about your wife. Make sure you check out the Rally in Maggie Valley,N.C. the info is all on the Rally site on these boards....

Welcome aboard, Iowaguy!

So sorry about your loss. It's so nice that you went ahead and got the trike like you and your wife talked about.

So tell me...if you live in MN, why do you call yourself Iowaguy??? :D

Hello, I just registered on Trike Talk. I'm a new novice trike rider. I haven't ridden in 33 years. My wife & I were talking about getting a trike last year, and then she suddenly passed away. I decided to go through with getting a trike. I needed something to get me out of the house this summer. I purchased a 2011 custom trike built with Harley parts from a custom motorcycle shop in Wisconsin.

Welcome aboard, sorry for your lose. Glad you decided to go on with 3 wheels you will really like it.

Welcome from the Great State of Texas! You must know that your wife would have wanted you to continue with your own life, enjoying the days. Hope your trike will enable you to do this! If you need to chat or have any questions, there's always somebody here to help! :yes:

Hello iowaguy, So sorry to read of your loss. I, too, am newly registered and from the posts I have been reading this evening I think we have some very friendly and supportive trikers out there that are ready to reach out to us "newbies". I ventured into the world of motorcycling at 64. I started on two wheels but it just didn't feel "right" to me so within nine months I traded my 2009 Honda Shadow Aero 750 and bought a 2009 Suzuki C50 with a Lehman conversion. My trike even has my name on the back of it..."Tramp"! LOL. I just love my trike and wonder why I didn't opt to buy a trike in the first place. It has opened up a new world of adventure for me as well as being a means for meeting new friends. As a poet once said..."Hold fast to dreams..." You will be glad you did, Tom. Welcome.

Hello iowaguy, So sorry to read of your loss. I, too, am newly registered and from the posts I have been reading this evening I think we have some very friendly and supportive trikers out there that are ready to reach out to us "newbies". I ventured into the world of motorcycling at 64. I started on two wheels but it just didn't feel "right" to me so within nine months I traded my 2009 Honda Shadow Aero 750 and bought a 2009 Suzuki C50 with a Lehman conversion. My trike even has my name on the back of it..."Tramp"! LOL. I just love my trike and wonder why I didn't opt to buy a trike in the first place. It has opened up a new world of adventure for me as well as being a means for meeting new friends. As a poet once said..."Hold fast to dreams..." You will be glad you did, Tom. Welcome.

welcome aboard words to live by.

Welcome Iowaguy,

I'm sorry to read of your loss. It sounds like you're doing what you need to do, to take care of yourself. I hope so. :yes:

You'll never find a better bunch of folks than here on TT. Someone's always around to talk to for just about anything you need :)

I hope to me everyone at TT Rallys in the future. Guess I really need to get a trike first, though, huh? :laugh:

Beeper

No Beeper, you can come without a trike! We had a couple come in cars last year because of distance, condition of trike, etc. We also had a few friends and family on 2-wheels. None of it matters -- all were equally welcome :D

Welcome aboard, Iowaguy!

So sorry about your loss. It's so nice that you went ahead and got the trike like you and your wife talked about.

So tell me...if you live in MN, why do you call yourself Iowaguy??? :D

Juju, I was born and raised in Iowa and still call it home. I joined the Air Force in 1981 and left Iowa. Ended up living is San Antonio, TX for 15 years before moving back north. I work for the government and Minneapolis was the closest place I could find to Iowa when I came back. I've been here almost 9 years now.

Juju, I was born and raised in Iowa and still call it home. I joined the Air Force in 1981 and left Iowa. Ended up living is San Antonio, TX for 15 years before moving back north. I work for the government and Minneapolis was the closest place I could find to Iowa when I came back. I've been here almost 9 years now.

OK, now that makes sense! LOL
And I can relate--I'm originally a Jersey girl who came to Pensacola, Florida with the Navy, eventually retired here. The difference? I have no desire to go back up north, though the Chief and I would consider a move to somewhere in the Carolinas. Just no place where there's ice and snow!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daddy Lew
Back