Lithium Battery

priell3

550+ Posts
Oct 9, 2018
Wellsboro
Does anyone have experience with this battery in a Freewheeler?

I was given this battery, new in box, by a friend that is no longer riding. The test indicator shows a full charge. I'm looking for opinions before putting it in my wife's 2017 FW.

Thanks.

IMG-20220930-173952.jpg

IMG-20220930-173910.jpg

IMG-20220930-173819.jpg

I was given this battery, new in box, by a friend that is no longer riding. The test indicator shows a full charge. I'm looking for opinions before putting it in my wife's 2017 FW.

Thanks.

IMG-20220930-173952.jpg

IMG-20220930-173910.jpg

View attachment 109942

You got for free..Its Chinese......Toss it in the dump....Now if your gonna park your Wife's FW outside side and far away from combustible buildings..:flame: Then what the hell it was free..:Shrug:.

Thanks.

IMG-20220930-173952.jpg

IMG-20220930-173910.jpg

View attachment 109942
Install it and see if it starts the trike. If your friend gave you the charger also thats a very good friend!

As already stated,dangerous and if you have to buy a charger to charge a Life battery,better off taking it to a recycle facility and dump it.

Why y'all saying this battery is junk? Unless youve examined it for cracks or smelling funny whats the deal? Just because its lithium? If so ya better toss out your cell phone, laptop, bluetooth headsets etc. Its my understanding that overcharging can cause them to catch fire, this battery is not even on a charger. Id install it and press the starter button- its not gonna grenade.

I have never had one of the lithium batteries, but I have also never heard anything good about them other than they are lighter than normal, and heard a good bit of "they are a POS". Take that for what it is worth

From Bobs non-technical point of view, lithium batteries can catch fire (And some have) they are extremely sensitive to high temperatures, And by using the wrong Charger or using the wrong settings on the right Charger and will degrade much faster than ordinary battery’s due to heat ..

They are highly flammable …

I had a Battery Tender Lithium Battery in my 08 Goldwing for about 5 years before I traded the trike, No fires, No Explosion, Started every time good battery, This year in Daytona I bought a Braille Lithium Battery for my Indian 600 cranking amps, Same thing No Fires, No Explosion, The bikes plugged in all the time, No problems. I dont know of anybody that has had a fire, Explosion, or any other Bullshit that you read on The Interweb, I did read on the Interweb were some kid had his cell phone in his pocket it blowed up in his pocket & burned his Penis :xzqxz::xzqxz::xzqxz::xzqxz:

I had a Battery Tender Lithium Battery in my 08 Goldwing for about 5 years before I traded the trike, No fires, No Explosion, Started every time good battery, This year in Daytona I bought a Braille Lithium Battery for my Indian 600 cranking amps, Same thing No Fires, No Explosion, The bikes plugged in all the time, No problems. I dont know of anybody that has had a fire, Explosion, or any other Bullshit that you read on The Interweb, I did read on the Interweb were some kid had his cell phone in his pocket it blowed up in his pocket & burned his Penis :xzqxz::xzqxz::xzqxz::xzqxz:
"He who put phone in pocket end up with hot dog" Thats what my fortune cookie said...ate at Suzy Wongs House of Pleasure last night.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tmorri1
Back