Question to the ones that have the next gen shocks

Trampas

1000+ Posts
Do you have to remove the shock to adjust it even after you fill out the form if needed, or just reach up and do it that way, I would assume removing the rear tire would help see the set screw and go from there, I know with super shox you get on the ground and adjust that way since you mount it upside down and easy to get to. I know one person on you tube removed his 2 times to get the ride he wanted even after filling out the form.

Has anybody with the next gen ever had to adjust theri after receiving the shocks from DK?????

All for now Trampas

P.S. Have a good easter

Do you have to remove the shock to adjust it even after you fill out the form if needed, or just reach up and do it that way, I would assume removing the rear tire would help see the set screw and go from there, I know with super shox you get on the ground and adjust that way since you mount it upside down and easy to get to. I know one person on you tube removed his 2 times to get the ride he wanted even after filling out the form.

Has anybody with the next gen ever had to adjust theri after receiving the shocks from DK?????

All for now Trampas

P.S. Have a good easter

I love the shocks and they are easy to adjust. I remove the tire and make sure the set screw is towards the front of the bike on initial install. With a trouble lite I reach up, loosen the set screw and turn to adjust making sure I end up with the set screw in the front while tightening. I support the bike on jack stands while doing the adjustment just to be extra safe

I did not need to adjust mine after I installed them, and they have performed better than expected both solo and two up.

I ran stock for over 70K miles and wished I had done it a lot sooner.

As I said before it is the best upgrade, I have done to my 17 TG, and I have done most of what DK Custom recommends cooling the engine down and to make it more comfortable to ride.

The only upgrades I am not currently running are a tuner and Thunder Torques.

I have the thunder torques in the shop waiting to be installed.

I have run them before and for the money they provide a great improvement in low end torque.

Bob

I'm thinking more of not posting anymore, when I post a topic that I want answered I don't get many answers, not sure why, some people can post and get all kinds of answers, guess I'm not that lucky, guess I will just view the topics and use my own judgement on what to do. All for now Trampas

Hi James,

I don't have the NexGen Shocks, I don't think people are not snubbing you. Just not many have the NexGen yet shocks, since they only been out about a year. Also, I think (my opinion), once people see the correct answer has been given, there no reason to expound on the subject. Hope you keep posting, because you do provide good info.

nucseal

Have the progressive 13” . Had to adjust for 1 up a few times using the bump stop method . The 14” came out after my purchase . More travel , better bump absorption. All adjustment recommendations are good , but the remove - refit method sucks . Also to mention that the ride is still a straight axle pogo stick , only a little softer .

Whatever you sent me Gorilla it wouldn't open sorry finally found what you sent and I answered it have a great day

All for now Trampas

I believe the change that DK made was to have more of a self adjusting type shock , I believe they have incorporated something like the emulation valves like the Ricor Intiminators. I just installed them on my 21 TG front end and I like the smoother ride. I will eventually sell my 14” Pro Action shocks and go to the nextgen. Gotta spread my addiction over months to not break the bank…

I believe the change that DK made was to ave more of a self adjusting type shock , I believe they have incorporated something like the emulation valves like the Ricor Intiminators. I just installed them on my 21 TG front end and I like the smoother ride. I will eventually sell my 14” Pro Action shocks and go to the nextgen. Gotta spread my addiction over months to not break the bank…

I agree it is a 2 valve system I guess from I have heard and why is is a smooth running rear shock, been looking at the intiminators myself, I know windsurfed1 has a video on the next gen 13 inch shocks with lift kit plus the intiminators and he took his trike down a road he wouldn't even go down and looks like a very good ride, he is very happy with the ride on his 2020 triglide.

All for now Trampas

I believe the change that DK made was to have more of a self adjusting type shock , I believe they have incorporated something like the emulation valves like the Ricor Intiminators. I just installed them on my 21 TG front end and I like the smoother ride. I will eventually sell my 14” Pro Action shocks and go to the nextgen. Gotta spread my addiction over months to not break the bank…

I agree it is a 2 valve system I guess from I have heard and why is is a smooth running rear shock, been looking at the intiminators myself, I know windsurfed1 has a video on the next gen 13 inch shocks with lift kit plus the intiminators and he took his trike down a road he wouldn't even go down and looks like a very good ride, he is very happy with the ride on his 2020 triglide.

All for now Trampas

Yes, the shocks have the Inertia Activated Suspension Tech in them, same as the Intiminators.

You probably will not have to adjust them...but, if you do, they can be adjusted by laying on the ground and reaching up, but if that does not seem appealing, then when you remove the rear tire, the shock and adjustment collar is right there.

Thank you for looking at our parts, and always feel free to email or call us.

AND, Please continue posting!!!

Kevin

@ D K Customs is the best thing here for tried and trued parts, I know because my 17 Freewheeler was a test mule on their Dyno,

My 21 Freewheeler runs soooooo much better now that I have retuned it with D K Customs advice

I have the cooler wings on the front attatched @ the gas tank bolts up front, Today it was blistering hot and high humidity, when I got home I let the trike run in the open garage while I unloaded the groceries, that is the way to cool these M8s down after a hard ride

Nuff said, I ride I decide;)

I have been satisfied with DK Customs as well, I have been surprised by the Intiminators… I do have the cooling wings, the 2” tank lift, front & back footboard spacers. The extra clicks on the Pro Action rears mad a difference, I have 8 clicks in I will back it by 2 , my bumpers won’t stay up anymore so I don’t see if I am bottoming out or not. Next winter they are coming off and going to Pro action to be checked out…

Back