Road zepplin seat repair

I had the old Air Zeppelin and the bladders held air, but the pump couldn't pump it up while sitting on it. So at each gas stop, mama and I would pump the seat up and then slowly let out the pressure until we were comfy again.

"Infinitely Adjustable" comes at a price, unfortunately. :(

OK, here we go. I sent the seat in - it came back - controls were backwards. I contacted Milsco(not a very easy chore)and tried to work out a deal.
If they would refund me $50 of the $150 I would keep the seat and eventually get accustomed to the controls (saving them freight costs both ways and the labor to take it apart and fix it) or I could send it back to them and have them fix it.
They said they do not refund money and for me to send it back. :Shrug:
I guess there are idiots everywhere. I tried to make this a win win situation, but they would have nothing to do with it.
If I owned the company I'd jump at the chance to save a few bucks and make a customer happy.

Remove the two christmas tree clips and move the hoses to your liking.

Very simple. Button assembly just pops out after clips are removed.

By the by, the bladder assembly is a single unit with two sections for the rider and one section for the passenger on the new ones, so replacing one is not an option. Mine failed, turned out to be where a stable from the cover was rubbing against a section of the bladder. The older style seats are also single units with multiple chambers.

I had given serious thought to getting the AZ seat, but after reading all this, I think I'll save my money for something else. No question the seat is more comfortable, I rode on a trike that had one, but the aggrevation sounds like more than I want to deal with at some point in the future.

Sorry you've had to go through all this. Hard to imagine running a business like that.

GoSlo, a little aggrevation is worth all the years of of absolute comfort.
Between the 2 RZ seats, I've had over 10 years of pure luxury. I will never own another seat.
If I didn't do 3 or 4 2000 mile trips a year and just rode around a 100 mile radius of home, I would stay with the stock seat - nothing wrong with it for short rides.

flynng, I'm not going to void the warranty by opening it up. Let them do all the work - that's what I paid for.

Shipping costs are picked up by Milsco.

GoSlo, a little aggrevation is worth all the years of of absolute comfort.
Between the 2 RZ seats, I've had over 10 years of pure luxury. I will never own another seat.
It's true, even a Mercedes breaks down and has to go in for repairs.:D

OK, here we go. I sent the seat in - it came back - controls were backwards. I contacted Milsco(not a very easy chore)and tried to work out a deal.
If they would refund me $50 of the $150 I would keep the seat and eventually get accustomed to the controls (saving them freight costs both ways and the labor to take it apart and fix it) or I could send it back to them and have them fix it.
They said they do not refund money and for me to send it back. :Shrug:
I guess there are idiots everywhere. I tried to make this a win win situation, but they would have nothing to do with it.
If I owned the company I'd jump at the chance to save a few bucks and make a customer happy.

More than likely they have had more than one person try to get the assessment fee back any way they can.................:xszpv:

I think you're right Sloufoot. They have us over a barrel and they know it. Where else can you go and get it fixed? :gah:

That's the worst fee I've ever seen and they don't take it off the repair bill if you have it fixed.

They would have much better customer relations if they just put that charge into the repair charge without breaking it down.
By the way, how much would it have cost you to have the rear bladder done at the same time ? JMHO, but they made a mistake taking out the second bladder in the rear seat. You can end up just siting on a barrel if you aren't careful. I guess it costs less, & the profit is up on the new way !

As far as I know the charge is $95 for bladder replacement - so I would guess it's the same whether you replace both front and rear or just the front or rear. Not 100% sure. Anyway, it sure feals great. ThumbUp

Might want to try these guys...

I was having issues with my compressor continuously running. I found a small pressure switch that was wired to it. After doing some digging I found the switch manufacturer. They had explained the diaphragm was blown which was why my compressor was turning off. Anyways, they were able to sell me a new switch. Here's a link to the page I found. http://presair.com/pressure-cutoff-switch/

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeeMan
Back