Tire Pressure Thread

Re: rear tire pressure

Start at 22 and increase untill the ride gets stiff then drop Back 1 lb.

My MotorTrike I run 42 psi in the front BT-45 and the rears 24 psi. I adjust the air shocks depending on the number of passengers and if I am pulling a trailer.

Start at 22 and increase untill the ride gets stiff then drop Back 1 lb.

I did it just the opposite--------started at 22 and dropped down to 16 pounds. Have rode probably 5000 miles with these tire pressures and only thing it has done is soften the ride---a lot !!

Air pressure in tires

I know I have seen this on this forum, just can' recall. How much pressure should I run in front tire and rear tires on a '97 Goldwing with a Motor Trike conversion? The front tire is a Dunlop Elite 3 and the rear tires are BF Goodrich Radial T/A's. Thanks.

Re: Air pressure in tires

You are rite the tire pressure has been discussed a bunch.I run 41 front,20 leftrear,22right rear.90SE/Motortrike.Pearl wore the E3 out quick.I run MPA reversed front.RIDE SAFE

You are rite the tire pressure has been discussed a bunch.I run 41 front,20 leftrear,22right rear.90SE/Motortrike.Pearl wore the E3 out quick.I run MPA reversed front.RIDE SAFE

What is your thinking on the uneven tire pressure on the rear from left to right?

Inquiring minds want to know?

Thanks for the response. I belive I will run 41 front and 24 in rears. Hey Lucky, why the different pressures in the rears on your trike? Just courious. Also , what does MPA stand for?

Thanks for the response. I belive I will run 41 front and 24 in rears. Hey Lucky, why the different pressures in the rears on your trike? Just courious. Also , what does MPA stand for?

Like Lucky, many rider carry a pound or two extra air in the right side. Especially if they ride mostly in the right side with that left tire on the higher level. It helps keep the trike running straight down the road.

BTW.. MPA is Michelin Pilot Activ. That and the Bridgestone BT45 Battleax are the two preferred trike front tires. They last much longer and give better performance.

Thanks for the info. I have changed my mind and try the way that Lucky does. Also is the front tire mounted in reverse instead of the way they are supposed to be mounted.

Russ that's a matter of choice. I don't think any of us can say for sure one way or another. Some of the tire companies have gone on record saying reverse is best. If you ride hard and use a lot of front brake maybe so. I am pretty aggressive so I do run my BT45 in reverse.

On the Michelin Pilot Activ tire you are running up front, is that a front tire or the the Michelin Pilot Activ back tire that you have installed in the front?

On the Michelin Pilot Activ tire you are running up front, is that a front tire or the the Michelin Pilot Activ back tire that you have installed in the front?

The MPA discussed above is a rear motorcycle tire mounted on the front of the trike.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REDMAN197307

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REDMAN197307
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png