Too Papa Zook

Burnerboy

2000+ Posts
Sep 2, 2016
Springfield, Mass. USA
How do you handle, a customer, that lives all the way in Massachusetts to do the conversions?? How do you get a bike (2 B triked) to you, and how do you get a bike that (has been triked) back to the customer??? Or do any {service/repairs} calls, from customers so far away from your shop...

Thank you,

Ronnie

4/18/24

How do you handle, a customer, that lives all the way in Massachusetts to do the conversions?? How do you get a bike (2 B triked) to you, and how do you get a bike that (has been triked) back to the customer??? Or do any {service/repairs} calls, from customers so far away from your shop... Thank you,Ronnie 4/18/24

Ronnie,

We do get customers from all over the country, many are members here, some ship their bikes to us and we ship them back when their conversion is completed, while others bring them to us.

The motorcycle shipping industry has become very competitive and there are several well established bike/trike/auto shipping sites where a person can list their bike, shipment location and destination and take bids.

One such site is uShip.com and another popular and more competative site is Shiply.com. All of the shippers/bidding companies are licensed and insured and are rated by their prior customers.

Yep! Good info, (Thanks)

Is there a way that you can "drop" a few names of "shipping companies" that you've had good luck with(??) OR private message me, with a couple of shipping company names ,and numbers..

I'm not trying to put you out on a limb here, (believe me) this is a serious question, that might be very beneficial to you, as well, as for many others want'n you to do service for them.

Ronnie

4/19/24

My brother Jeff in Alabama has a wife who has a brother in law that owns a motorcycle shipping company, I will get a hold of him and see if they are still in bossiness ThumbUp

Yep! Good info, (Thanks)

Is there a way that you can "drop" a few names of "shipping companies" that you've had good luck with(??) OR private message me, with a couple of shipping company names ,and numbers..

I'm not trying to put you out on a limb here, (believe me) this is a serious question, that might be very beneficial to you, as well, as for many others want'n you to do service for them.

Ronnie

4/19/24

Ronnie,

We have several trusted haulers from various parts of the country that we have used multiple times, but choosing the hauler has more to do with the bike/trike owner's pickup location and whether your shipment aligns with a route, destination and timeline that the hauler in your area has scheduled. The way these companies make money and keep the rates low are hauling multiple vehicles to and from point A to point B and drop off or pickup points along their route.

I have heard good reports about this company on another website through the years but don’t have a personal pro or con about them. Just offering another name for you. I have seen their big truck here in my town.. quite impressive.

https://haulbikes.com/

Ronnie,

I get customers from all over the country, many who are members here. Most ship their bikes to me and I ship them back, but some delivery them to me. The motorcycle shipping industry had become very competitive and there are several well established bike/trike/auto shipping sites where a person can list their bike, shipment location and destination and take bids. One such site is uShip.com and another popular and more competative site is Shiply.com. All of the shippers/bidding companies are licensed and insured and are rated by their prior customers.

Thanks for the come-back,

I'm speaking to a good friend that's "think'n" of TRIKE'n......... Your name has been {mentioned/recommended} many times, by me, too him, I'm trying to get you another customer..

Ronnie

4/20/24

The Uship and Shipley websites operate on what you could call a reverse bid system. They are bidding against other shippers by offering a lower price than the others. So long as their ratings and feedback is positive, and they are licensed and insured, choosing the lower priced bidder can get you a very good rate.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png