Clutch adjustment??

Nov 15, 2012
Delray Beach Florida
Is there any way to actually adjust the clutch tension?? Or friction point.

I didnt see that anywhere in the manual.

I dont mean the 5 positions on the grip.

I have never really liked hydralic clutches much.

I prefer cable driven myself like my Yamaha R*s.

I still have that slight issue with the clutch maybe slipping in 5th gear at 2100 rpm.

Personally, I think its just my trikes way of saying I shouldnt be in 5th and am lugging the engine.

Make sure the bypass port is clean in the master cylinder. The friction point shouldn't really change on a hydraulic clutch. Hydraulic clutches readajust themselves every time you completely release the handle. That is why its important for the bypass hole to be unobstructed.

Make sure the bypass port is clean in the master cylinder. The friction point shouldn't really change on a hydraulic clutch. Hydraulic clutches readajust themselves every time you completely release the handle. That is why its important for the bypass hole to be unobstructed.

Appreciate the reply.

I did see the bypass in the manual. Im making the assumption that when the brake recall was done. It should have been checked?? I cant see the clutch itself starting to go with only 28K on the bike. My other thought from the get go is a mapping issue with the FI. I can accelerate right through the "burp" If I stay in 4th till 55mph+. Then shift into 5th.

It "misses" or slips at 21-2200 rpm in 5th. Which in 5th is about 50ish mph and I give the throttle a slight roll it "burps". If I give it a decent amount of throttle. It acts normal. This is something I cant make the bike do and it only happens in 5th.

I think Im beating a dead horse here. If its the valve, clutch or a mapping issue. It will be Hondas problem in the next few months when I have the 32K service done.

clutch slipping in 5th gear

I don't know if this might be the issue .......

I had a customer that I did an oil change for and he returned a month or so later explaining that his clutch felt funny since I did the oil change. :confused:

Slipped in 5th gear.

I walked over to the bike and pulled the lever in and it felt like there was no free-play in the lever.

Where the plunger on the hand lever goes into the master cylinder was all gunked up with grime and goo and wouldn't allow the plunger to push the handle back ......

I cleaned it up and re-lubricated it and, no more slip in 5th gear !!

All was good with his world, My world, on the other hand, was shaken to the core.

Since I last worked on it, I must have done something to it !!!:Shrug:

Common in the service world. I installed a new automatic cover fabric on a pool last year. Two weeks later, the customer told me I messed up his heater. I said I'd be out soon.

When I got there, he was all upset that I'd damaged his heater. I told him if he would unlock his pool equipment room, I'd be happy to check out his heater, but, since he hadn't unlocked when I did the cover, I'd be charging him for any repairs and/or time I did.

He asked what does that mean? I told him since the heater is and was under lock and key, I couldn't of possible damaged his heater. So any time or parts I spent to repair it he'd be charged for ...

His responses was "Ahhhh ... Okay"

Moral of the story ... a customer will always blame the last person to work on what ever broke. When i went to the gas heater school, the first two hours of the course were all about liability and how to CYA. I take lots of pictures now of the as found condition.

Common in the service world. I installed a new automatic cover fabric on a pool last year. Two weeks later, the customer told me I messed up his heater. I said I'd be out soon.

When I got there, he was all upset that I'd damaged his heater. I told him if he would unlock his pool equipment room, I'd be happy to check out his heater, but, since he hadn't unlocked when I did the cover, I'd be charging him for any repairs and/or time I did.

He asked what does that mean? I told him since the heater is and was under lock and key, I couldn't of possible damaged his heater. So any time or parts I spent to repair it he'd be charged for ...

His responses was "Ahhhh ... Okay"

Moral of the story ... a customer will always blame the last person to work on what ever broke. When i went to the gas heater school, the first two hours of the course were all about liability and how to CYA. I take lots of pictures now of the as found condition.

Im not blaming the technician who did the fluids. But I will have to look at the clutch reservoir again. All of this did start more or less when the brake recall was done. Now come to think of it.

I don't know if this might be the issue .......

I had a customer that I did an oil change for and he returned a month or so later explaining that his clutch felt funny since I did the oil change. :confused:

Slipped in 5th gear.

I walked over to the bike and pulled the lever in and it felt like there was no free-play in the lever.

Where the plunger on the hand lever goes into the master cylinder was all gunked up with grime and goo and wouldn't allow the plunger to push the handle back ......

I cleaned it up and re-lubricated it and, no more slip in 5th gear !!

All was good with his world, My world, on the other hand, was shaken to the core.

I'm in heating business.. I fix heating furnace/boilers in homes...Well last year I had a lady call me "SCREAMING" at me that I did a horrible job fixing her heating system.. I say ok NO PROBLEM, I'll be right out there to see what the trouble was :: (I looked up her name/address in my computer/cause i really didn't even remember her)...Well it turned out that she was correct..I was at her house back in 2006 (12 years ago).....As i walked into her home, all she did was yell at me and started calling me bad names, and that she was going to call the BBB...and report to them the horrible job I did on her heating system 12 years earlier...WELL, I THEN TOOK A DEEP BREATH, AND INSTEAD OF WALKING BACK OUT THE DOOR, i JUST WALKED TO HER "EMERGENCY SWITCH" and flipped it back on .......well, well, well, furnace started right up!!! :clapping::clapping: Then instead of saying I'm sorry, or any kind of apology, the first words out of mouth was::: "You can't charge me any money, cause all's you did was to flip a switch.....Lucky I did not have to drive far to get to her home, so all I did was give her a smile/wink, and say politely "have a nice day mam" and as I was walking out the door, I turned, to her quietly, and said Hope your day was better then mine, cause I just got yelled/screamed at for for reason at all....and left!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png