What moved you from two wheels to three???

Sep 20, 2018
Charlottesville, VA
I'm 70 and began riding motorcycles in the late 1960s. My last bike was an Electra Glide but I sold it after narrowly missing a deer and bear on separate occasions. I live in Albemarle County west of Charlottesville, VA and at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains. My cabin is about ten miles from the confluence of the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive so there's access to plenty of great riding in these parts. I find many things desirable about having a three wheeler and was wondering what motivated others to purchase their first. Thanks....

I'm 70 and began riding motorcycles in the late 1960s. My last bike was an Electra Glide but I sold it after narrowly missing a deer and bear on separate occasions. I live in Albemarle County west of Charlottesville, VA and at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains. My cabin is about ten miles from the confluence of the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive so there's access to plenty of great riding in these parts. I find many things desirable about having a three wheeler and was wondering what motivated others to purchase their first. Thanks....

Joel..........Welcome To Trike-Talk......:wave4:....

To Answer .....I Bought my first Street Trike in 2008, A Spyder, Mostly because i like to ride all year, And i couldn't do that with two wheelers..I stopped riding two wheelers in 2017 or thereabouts...This 2019 Tri-Glide is my 5th Trike...Spyder' Tri' Tri' Slingshot' And now a Tri again...

I See It as an Easier Ride And More Comfort. It Can Be Seen Better Than a Two Wheeler On The Road. No Worry In Turns as Much And Very Easy When Coming To A Stop. I'm Always Thinking, What Took Me So Long..:Shrug:

I’ve been riding 2 wheels since 1983. I herniated a disc L3L4 in fall of

2019. Recovered with mult lumbar injections. My wife had a hip replacement in early 2020. August of 2020 we decided to move to a trike due to the risk of damaging her hip and my weakness in my back . Turns out in Fall 2020 I re-herniated the same disc, this time more severe. I had surgery 12-28 20 and feel great . I’m still off work for the next month but feel strong. I am glad that we never had any mishaps on 2 wheels but were becoming increasingly apprehensive about gravel roads, gravel lots etc. All of those concerns are gone and we enjoy every bit of this trike! Some day I would like to build a small light weight bobber to play around on. This trike is a pleasure to ride!

Be Safe

Safer ride back riding after 40 years not riding. My bride will not ride on two. And I will not do anything without her. Just that simple love her that much. Travel safe Fred

Welcome to TT. After many years on 2 wheels..... mostly Goldwings, I went to a Can Am Spyder which I rode for 3 years. Circumstances caused me to sell the Spyder and I went back to riding my Goldwing exclusively. I found that I was not as comfortable on 2 wheels as I once was. Unpaved parking lots and loose debris in corners made my old mind nervous. And, knowing that I would probably break some body parts if I collided with the pavement. Sold to 2 wheel Goldwing and got a 3 wheeler. I'm finding I can relax and enjoy more of the scenery on 3 wheels..... Jim

Welcome to Trike Talk. The last time I was on 2 wheels was about 20 years ago. It ended with my bike being swept up off the pavement and me in an ambulance. I just never got back to riding after that. Work, family and life was just more important. A couple of years ago, my wife and I started talking about getting a bike. I did a few test rides and found I wasn't as comfortable on 2 wheels anymore, and this, after growing up on 2 wheels literally. I knew I wanted another Harley and started looking at the Trikes. Found one I liked that was used and already had (most) of the upgrades I would've done and test drove it. I was hooked immediately and drove it home. It was the best decision I've made and I ride whenever I can. My wife loves it as much as I do. I'm like others and wish I would've done it sooner.

For me after two spine surgeries and knee surgery, my wife was scared to get on our previous GL1800 fearing the strain on my back and knees. She stopped riding with me. I sold the GL1800 and bought a smaller, lighter v-star so I could continue riding with me son. Now after watching me enjoy riding again my wife asked if I'd consider a trike. A good search and some time later it yielded my current GL1800/ MT Razor and she's riding with me again ;)

Was having back and hip pain riding on two wheels sold my bike but after 7 years not riding i decided to try a trike bought a 2013 tri glide with lo miles and love it no more back or hip pain.:cool:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searcher

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searcher
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png