• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

M8 plastic manifold

rcappie

100+ Posts
Reaction score
Hey guys, been a while hope all is well.

My question today is about the plastic manifold vs

the S&S one. I find myself resetting my throttle.

I know about spraying brake clean around gaskets,

it doesn’t change anything.

anyone switched to S&S or had problems with the

plastic one? The bike is setup with a Stage 1,

with a V&H FP3. Bike runs good other than that.

Any advice will be welcomed, Thanks Rich

2017 M8, with a stage 2. S&S 465 cam, TTS tuner and stock manifold with 33,000 miles. No issues with the idle, could it be your V&H FP3 that is the issue?

I see people throwing the word "plastic" out there quite a bit. I don't know about the M8 manifold or what type of composite "plastic" it's made of. A lot of people will use the words "nylon" and "plastic" interchangeably.

Another example is the anti-rotation cuffs for the lifters. When I did my cam upgrade I left the stock cuffs in place.

It would be nice if anyone had a definitive answer on what the material actually is. Next time I visit the local shop I'll ask around.

I see people throwing the word "plastic" out there quite a bit. I don't know about the M8 manifold or what type of composite "plastic" it's made of. A lot of people will use the words "nylon" and "plastic" interchangeably.

Another example is the anti-rotation cuffs for the lifters. When I did my cam upgrade I left the stock cuffs in place.

It would be nice if anyone had a definitive answer on what the material actually is. Next time I visit the local shop I'll ask around.

I think some hear the word “Plastic “ …And then just perceive that there’s a problem… whether there is a problem or not ..???

Hey guys, been a while hope all is well.

My question today is about the plastic manifold vs

the S&S one. I find myself resetting my throttle.

I know about spraying brake clean around gaskets,

it doesn’t change anything.

anyone switched to S&S or had problems with the

plastic one? The bike is setup with a Stage 1,

with a V&H FP3. Bike runs good other than that.

Any advice will be welcomed, Thanks Rich

Regarding your throttle....around the 4:25 mark in the following video may have some information for you regarding your throttle.

Kevin

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png