Hannigan Trunk Micro Switch

Jan 29, 2012
Dover, NH USA
OK, getting old is not for sissies, so I can't tell you how many times I have stopped to check to see if my trunk is closed.
OK, I have the instructions on how to wire the micro switch and where to find the wires to the display up front on the older GL 1800s, mine is an 02. I have two micro switches from the saddle bags of a Goldwing converted to a trike.
Here is the kicker, does anyone have any pictures on how they mounted their switches on the trunk latch to activate the switch for the display? If you do, please let me know how you did it, so as I may copy your design, if I may.
This is going to be one of my winter projects on the trike.

Thanks for you help!

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

Rosy,
Call 270-753-4256 and ask for Jim Gooch. Don't know if he has any pics but he can definitely give you some valuable direction, hints and tips if not.

P.s. If Gooch can do it,,, Anyone can :D

Thanks,
That was one of the first things I was going to do if I didn't get any pictures from this thread. I have sent Jim an e-mail explaining what I was doing to see if he could help.
I don't know if Hannigan does this as an option on their trikes, but I will find out from Jim.
Thanks again for your suggestion.

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

Actually, this is supposed to be done at point of install as a standard S.O.P. on all GL1800 HMS conversions. Hannigan sends the stuff to relocate that to the trike trunk lid with every kit. Whoever installed it dropped the ball. However, it is a simple fix in this case of an unfortunate and preventable "fumble". Gooch will get it squared-away for you.

Does this go back to 02 when this trike was done. I bought it second hand and the person who had the trike before me told me he bought it at the Americade from Hannigan. I assume he was telling me the truth.
Thanks. I will see what Jim has to say about it.
Meantime if you know of anyone who has a Hannigan's trunk wired and are willing to take a picture, please ask them to post it.

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png