• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Death wobble

Reaction score
I have a 98 1500 goldwing champion trike kit. Replaced front wheel bearing drove just fine. Now when I’m going 15mph or faster shake the handle bars And if I don’t grab the bars it will just keep shaking bad anybody have idea what it is

I have a 98 1500 goldwing champion trike kit. Replaced front wheel bearing drove just fine. Now when I’m going 15mph or faster shake the handle bars And if I don’t grab the bars it will just keep shaking bad anybody have idea what it is

Mechanics # 101 Go back to the last thing you worked on....:Shrug:...

There are several things it could be. Including, steering head bearings. But if you didn't experience the wobble before, then I agree to check the last thing you did to the bike. Most big bikes can experience the wobble when slowing down with no hands on the handlebars. The best recommendation is to keep your hands on the handlebars. DUH...... Jim

Wobble

There are several things it could be. Including, steering head bearings. But if you didn't experience the wobble before, then I agree to check the last thing you did to the bike. Most big bikes can experience the wobble when slowing down with no hands on the handlebars. The best recommendation is to keep your hands on the handlebars. DUH...... Jim

No it’s not because I’m letting go of the bars I have owed this trike for ten years never ever wobbled even low speed I could ride no handed if I wanted. Its a tank slapping wobble it’s not the new wheel bearing I took the tire off and rechecked it. Just wondering if anybody else has had this happen to them and what it could be. Thanks

No it’s not because I’m letting go of the bars I have owed this trike for ten years never ever wobbled even low speed I could ride no handed if I wanted. Its a tank slapping wobble it’s not the new wheel bearing I took the tire off and rechecked it. Just wondering if anybody else has had this happen to them and what it could be. Thanks

Steering head bearing.....Tighten it up more than with a Two Wheeler ...Or maybe its shot...:Shrug:...

Besides the steering head bearings, another possibility could be tires. Check the condition of all 3 tires. You could be experiencing tread separation. And, yes, a bad rear tire can cause handlebar issues. Keep us posted and good luck..... Jim

Jack up the front end and spin the front wheel, make sure there is no binding. Pay attention to how the rotors trak thru the brake pads

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png